Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
The special prosecutor in Florida just brought 2nd degree murder charges against George Zimmerman and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. He has returned to Florida and is currently in custody.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/b....html?back=/&.ts=1334185720&.intl=us&.lang=en

The prosecutor took this action even though...
The chief of police announced after his review of the evidence there would be no arrest. His parents refused to leave it there.
CCW holders that were certain that Zimmerman was within his rights and would have done the same thing should think twice about what they may be getting themselves into.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i have no problem with the arrest...as long as this is done fairly by a court,by facts and not by public outcry...youre right,thats a chance you take but when you fear for your life...you have a decision to make...that can either leave you dead or in court...:D:D

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole point of the prosecution is simply to present Martin's view of the events and compare them to what Zimmerman has said. Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty and the prosecutor will be the voice for Martin.

Since this in Florida where TV is allowed in court, prepare for a summer of this constantly popping up and whole programs being dedicated to it. In fact, we can probably expect something like the OJ circus. Fair warning... CCW and SYG may be hot topics for the next few months on the news.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
while theyre at it maybe they oughta take the media to court concerning their reporting of this...maybe they need to stick to facts too instead of inventing their own to boost their ratings...dis(grace)ful...no doubt itll be a circus with all figuring how they can cash in...:D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
the special prosecutor in florida just brought 2nd degree murder charges against george zimmerman and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. He has returned to florida and is currently in custody.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/b....html?back=/&.ts=1334185720&.intl=us&.lang=en

the prosecutor took this action even though...
Ccw holders that were certain that zimmerman was within his rights and would have done the same thing should think twice about what they may be getting themselves into.
get a life

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I agree if its not huntin fishin or shootin or bows get on face book cause I for one don't care

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
You must care.... you clicked on the link!:bouncy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
The media should be fined so much it puts them outta buisness for doctoring facts to make it look race motivated.. Waste of taxpayer money jus charged him to make a name for herself we will see how it all plays out...

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
The special prosecutor in Florida just brought 2nd degree murder charges against George Zimmerman and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. He has returned to Florida and is currently in custody.

The prosecutor took this action even though...
CCW holders that were certain that Zimmerman was within his rights and would have done the same thing should think twice about what they may be getting themselves into.
It would be wise to hold off on quick judgement before all the facts come out. I was thinking the same thing when all these protests were going on with the hoodie protests in Washington and by prominent figures like the Miami Heat players. These folks are going to look like fools if we find out Zimmerman was acting in self defense. Likewise for the folks vehemently and blindly defending Zimmerman.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
May as well close this thread down now. It's nothing more then

It's just going to turn into another
and is going to change nobody's mind on the subject.

Those that carry will still do so and will defend themselves when attacked. Those that prefer to cower in fear, or run away when faced with a threat to their person, will still be inclined to do so.

To each their own.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Definitely another OJ case in the making for the media to feast on, but I don't think he will get off like OJ. I also don't understand why we can't have a civil discussion about it here. After all it deals with the 2nd amendment.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Definitely another OJ case in the making for the media to feast on, but I don't think he will get off like OJ. I also don't understand why we can't have a civil discussion about it here. After all it deals with the 2nd amendment.
Really nothing to discuss at this point - let the courts do their job and move on

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It's difficult to have a civil discussion when one party believes there is never any justified reason for self-defense, and if an innocent person does defends themselves from an attacker, they are a criminal, and the attacker is the innocent one.

In a previous thread, when the op started quoting hardcore anti-gun groups websites to defend his position, it's easy to see how "rational" he is thinking.

Even the title of this thread gives insight to his thought process. "Zimmerman=2nd degree murder". Isn't he innocent until PROVEN guilty.

I'm all for a rational civil discussion of the 2nd amendment. I can agree with some of his points, like there is some legal risk that comes with exercising your 2nd amendment right, and people should train above the minimum 12 hours. But it's almost impossible to have a rational, civil discussion, when someone is essentially claiming there is no practical aspect to the 2A, and you should run away or die, rather then defend yourself, because they believe there is NEVER a case where self defense is justified, and you MAY face legal issues.

·
22,521 Posts
But it's almost impossible to have a rational, civil discussion, when someone is essentially claiming there is no practical aspect to the 2A, and you should run away or die, rather then defend yourself, because they believe there is NEVER a case where self defense is justified, and you MAY face legal issues.
Posted: 02/24/2012

By: Kristin Byrne, newsnet5.com
CLEVELAND - A 78-year-old man said he acted in self-defense Thursday night when he shot a teen trying to break into his Cleveland home.

Ted Ziolkowksi rents the house on the 7400 block of Clement Avenue. He said he was staying there last night because he was making some repairs to his place.

Around 11 p.m. Ziolkowski heard a knock on his back door, but didn't answer. Moments later, he heard someone trying to break in. He said he pushed the door open and shot the intruder.

"I just fired a shot at him. He was standing right there. I just fired one shot and my gun jammed," Ziolkowski said.

Officials told NewsChannel5 the intruder is a 17-year-old boy. Police reports said the teen was shot in his torso and when police responded, a hand gun, a pry bar and a head scarf were laying next him.

He was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center. We are waiting to hear about his current condition.

Ziolkowski said he had to protect his property.

"The police said that I'm lucky I got him because he had a gun on him, and if he would have fired through the door, he would have got me," Ziolkowski said.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-teen-trying-to-break-into-his-Cleveland-home

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

CLEVELAND - A 78-year-old man said he acted in self-defense Thursday night when he shot a teen trying to break into his Cleveland home.

Ted Ziolkowksi rents the house on the 7400 block of Clement Avenue. He said he was staying there last night because he was making some repairs to his place.

Around 11 p.m. Ziolkowski heard a knock on his back door, but didn't answer. Moments later, he heard someone trying to break in. He said he pushed the door open and shot the intruder.

"I just fired a shot at him. He was standing right there. I just fired one shot and my gun jammed," Ziolkowski said.

Officials told NewsChannel5 the intruder is a 17-year-old boy. Police reports said the teen was shot in his torso and when police responded, a hand gun, a pry bar and a head scarf were laying next him.

He was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center. We are waiting to hear about his current condition.

"The police said that I'm lucky I got him because he had a gun on him, and if he would have fired through the door, he would have got me," Ziolkowski said.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-teen-trying-to-break-into-his-Cleveland-home
Sounds like a good shoot. A clear case of self defense. I'm curious if the OP sees it the same way.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

Here we go again. As much as I totally believe in using lethal force to protect myself, my family, and others I do not believe in it to protect property, ("Ziolkowski said he had to protect his property"), and I believe from what I read that Ziolkowski was wrong,(even if the kid sounds like a scum bag and a waste of good oxygen). If the kid was in the house - yes but to swing open the door and shoot,(the scum bag is outside not inside), isn't self defense until he's a present aggressive danger. It's hard to say exactly what I would have done but I'd like to think that I'd given some sort of signal to my presents. If he then kept coming or displayed the gun then I'd agree it was self defense and I also would have shot him and probably not just once,(I think..easy to say and something else to do). :biggrin:

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Here we go again. As much as I totally believe in using lethal force to protect myself, my family, and others I do not believe in it to protect property, ("Ziolkowski said he had to protect his property"), and I believe from what I read that Ziolkowski was wrong,(even if the kid sounds like a scum bag and a waste of good oxygen). If the kid was in the house - yes but to swing open the door and shoot,(the scum bag is outside not inside), isn't self defense until he's a present aggressive danger. It's hard to say exactly what I would have done but I'd like to think that I'd given some sort of signal to my presents. If he then kept coming or displayed the gun then I'd agree it was self defense and I also would have shot him and probably not just once,(I think..easy to say and something else to do). :biggrin:
It does take a certain amount of training to calmly access such a situation and make all the right decisions.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.