Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Youth Hunting Liscense

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BillsCustomCalls 
#1 ·
I know this has been answered before, but I would like your thoughts. Havent got an answer from our WO.

My son is 17 years old. He will turn 18 in August. February is license month. Some of the hunting regulations state youth as 16 yrs old, some 17 yrs old.
Can he still get a youth license or adult.

Its only a few dollar difference, not a big deal at all. But what is the correct thing to do?

#2 ·
We had this issue come up with one of the youth hunters on our farm one year. This is what we were told (now whether we were told correctly, I don't know).

We were told that he can purchase a youth license (and use it for the entire year until it expires) IF it is purchased while he is still 17. If he waited to buy a hunting license until September, he would have to buy and adult license.

For whatever that is worth (it's on the internet, it has to be true. LOL)

#4 ·
We were told the same thing while taking the hunter's safety course. One of the participants was in a similar situation and the instructors indicated that the youth licence would cover him for the entire season. However, unless he plans to turkey hunt in the spring, I might just wait and get one after his birthday to avoid any problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.