close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Youth Bow Hunting

Discussion in 'Ohio Bowhunting' started by shed hunter 365, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Purchased a Parker bow w/ the changeable limbs for my son. He started at 30# and has worked up to 44#. Any suggestions on broadheads?

2. Light pull ur going to want something will little resistance, try a two blade, such as Magnus stingers, designed to shoot to shoot through anything even African wild game. That's what ol uncle Ted uses.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Select a cut on contact broadhead. Stay away from mechanicals with light poundage bows.

4. Don't use a mechanical, find a fixed blade that shoots well out of his set up. Slick Trick would be my first choice. Muzzy 2nd.

5. 100 gr thunderheads worked well for my son at 45# .Again I would steer clear of mechanicals.
    NetFront/3.5.1 (BREW 5.0.1.2; U; en-us; LG; NetFront/3.5.1/AMB) Sprint LN510 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

6. I was thinking slick trick, razor trick in 4 blade at 100 grains. Anyone ever use these heads. I am also going to keep the arrow weight above 400 grains for penetrations.

7. I know a lot of guys who love slick tricks! Good luck with them, or look at muzzys! Good heads!

8. I've shot 75gr muzzys for the last 8 years and love them my gf shoots them to

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine