close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your Favorite Turkey Calls

Discussion in 'Ohio Turkey Hunting' started by Maxwell, Jan 10, 2017.

1. What is your favorite Turkey calls? Mine is a Vintage Pete Peters box call. I have a lot of box calls but this one is something special. I also made a Yelper from a corn cobb and a Bic pen for the mouthpiece. I like to use that yelper.

Maxwell

2. A double sided pot call glass over slate that I made I have a box call made by a feller in WVA if I want to throw something a bit different

cambridgezowie and Maxwell like this.

3. Thanks for the welcome Bill. Do you have a website for your calls? It takes talent and patience to make calls. I sure enjoy calling those Gobblers.

Maxwell

BillsCustomCalls likes this.
  4. I do Have an out dated website Here is a turkey call I made the other day

007.JPG 004.JPG

Maxwell and cambridgezowie like this.
  5. I have a few box calls that were made for me by a good friend in the state of Wis. Those and a vast array of pot calls are my "go to" calls that start the game. I then switch to mouth calls as the bird works closer. Here is a pic of the "pot call" display I made for my office wall.

[​IMG]

Maxwell and cambridgezowie like this.
    maytom likes this.

7. Thanks

8. Copper pot and glass pot over purple heart. I like purple heart and laminated strikers.
    Mouth calls: Cramer Calls.

Maxwell likes this.
  9. The Purple Heart I bet looks good.

Maxwell

Duke0002 likes this.
  10. Yes it does. Nice raspy sound.

11. Slate and crystal potcalls made by Dustin Jones in Beaver Ohio. A KP trumpet made of Blackwood. Mouth calls by Gooserbat calls. Also got a David Halloran crystal mistress that sings.

Maxwell likes this.
  12. Also, I'm planning on picking up a Halloran box at the NWTF Nashville show

13. Which ever one gets that gobbler to respond. I use mouth calls 95% of the time. Woodhaven used to be my call of choice. But I got a press and make my own now so I'd have to say a combo cut with prophylactic reeds.

Maxwell, bluedog and RMK like this.
  14. I need a few more

Attached Files:

Maxwell likes this.

15. Nice collection Turk. Is there one you don't have? lol

Which is your favorite?

Max

16. The Blackstone crystal, KP trumpet, Gooserbat double bit mouth call..

17. Or a Mark Sharpe river cane yelper, a Blackstone slate, and a Gooserbat Bacon mouth call.