Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybuddy hear anythang bout this...i hear its being considered...:mischeif:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
anybuddy hear anythang bout this...i hear its being considered...:mischeif:
ODNR knows best,aint that what you always say Cornskinner?:D..Besides with the over-abundance of deer in Ohio,whats it matter if a few hundred thousand dont get counted correctly?:confused:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I've been making and filling out my own deer/turkey landowner tags for years. No big deal. ;)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Same way they do now, but youll probably just get a receipt when you pay, and a tag number. I dont know if itll make a difference. I wonder what the reasoning for the proposal is.

Ive always made my own for landowners, never was an issue. The system is so screwed up anyhow.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
ODNR knows best,aint that what you always say Cornskinner?:D..Besides with the over-abundance of deer in Ohio,whats it matter if a few hundred thousand dont get counted correctly?:confused:[/QU Yep, that's what he says !!! Cool, let's whack and stack.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
prolly honor system...pay later...or over phone...:thisll save a trip to walmart to get another...biggrin:
I think you still have to purchase it ahead of time. Itll prolly give you a purchase number at the time of purchase, which you write on the tag you make. Then, after you lay the smackdown, you attach your tag, call it in, and get the confirmation number, then writing that on the tag.

I imagine itll be the same thing they have in place now, just replacing the printable tag with a handwritten.

After thinking about it for a while, I think its a bad idea. They are making the system to loose, and its going to create problems in the future. Accountability is the biggest factor in proper statewide management, and theyre destroying their own ability to maintain it, one decision at a time.I think the DNR is going to really regret the decisions theyre making, in the next ten years. Ohio isnt going to be a contender in quality anymore. Also, a poorly run system is easy to attack for antis.

Im disappointed in the ODNR, time again and again.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe its for those that the tag came off the deer while bringing it in and they can make one to replace it...:D

·
5,040 Posts
Another proposal would allow deer and wild turkey hunters to attach a makeshift or homemade tag, rather than a division-issued temporary tag, in accordance with the electronic reporting put into effect last year. The tag, no matter what it's made from, must contain the required information.
You still have to have the regular license, this is just for the TEMPORARY tag you put on the deer or turkey immediately after harvest.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Maybe these are things that will be discussed at the new public input meetings being held Aug 11. For those of you in District 5. The meeting is at District 5 Headquarters Saturday from noon to 3. Read about it in the Dayton Daily News this morning. I would guess they are being held in all districts. Call your district headquarters to find out. It only gave date, time and location for district 5.

·
Registered
356 Posts
And you put on the homemade tag & drive home. process your kill and go hunt some more.....sounds great to SLOB hunters....and hunt some more....wish i could pay taxes this way.....of course this is how the Y generation is raised....don't ask why, just get away with it. Try not to work harder, or even think about overtime, its just what will the gov't do to not promote capitalism...Please Mama Please!!! Help Me! I can't do it on my own!!!!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
And you put on the homemade tag & drive home. process your kill and go hunt some more.....sounds great to SLOB hunters....and hunt some more....wish i could pay taxes this way.....of course this is how the Y generation is raised....don't ask why, just get away with it. Try not to work harder, or even think about overtime, its just what will the gov't do to not promote capitalism...Please Mama Please!!! Help Me! I can't do it on my own!!!!!
Wht do you mean by the young generation bud!!! I'm 25 been working since I got outa school and my oldest son is 7 and works his butt off for things he want's like splitting wood stacking wood weedeating and other chores!! You ever stop to think Maby its the way some of these kids are raised!!!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
And you put on the homemade tag & drive home. process your kill and go hunt some more.....sounds great to SLOB hunters....and hunt some more....wish i could pay taxes this way.....of course this is how the Y generation is raised....don't ask why, just get away with it. Try not to work harder, or even think about overtime, its just what will the gov't do to not promote capitalism...Please Mama Please!!! Help Me! I can't do it on my own!!!!![/QU Couldnt a slob hunter just drive home with the temp tag provided with your deer permit on his deer and process it and go hunt more? I dont see where a makeshift temp tag is gonna make any difference. Just another change that some will see as the sky is falling.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If I understand your rant, your saying a hunter is a slob hunter for tagging a deer then going out and killing another one. Last I checked as long as you have the temporary tag on your first you can then take another.

Straight from the regs.

Every person who kills a deer must immediately fill out the temporary tag with the date and time the deer was killed. Attach the completed temporary tag to the deer at the place where it fell.
Licenses and permits will need to be protected from the elements. You may choose to purchase a reusable license/tag protective holder if available at the license vendor or many office supply stores or make your own. Attach a piece of string, wire, etc. to your temporary tag and protective holder before you hunt. Carry a pen or pencil and a watch with you to fill out your temporary tag. The temporary tag must remain on the deer until it is permanently tagged. Once a temporary tag is detached from the permit, it is illegal to hunt or pursue deer with a hunting device without purchasing an additional valid deer permit (See Concealed Carry information).
For multiple deer permit holders, the first deer taken in the day must have been temporarily tagged before hunting or pursuing another deer.
Hunters with deer permits must use the temporary tag from the permit. Landowners and tenants who take a deer on their land and any other person not required to purchase a deer permit must make and attach their own tag with their name, address, and date and time killed. This tag must be attached to the dead deer immediately in the field at the place were it fell.​

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
If I understand your rant, your saying a hunter is a slob hunter for tagging a deer then going out and killing another one. Last I checked as long as you have the temporary tag on your first you can then take another.

Straight from the regs.

Every person who kills a deer must immediately fill out the temporary tag with the date and time the deer was killed. Attach the completed temporary tag to the deer at the place where it fell.
Licenses and permits will need to be protected from the elements. You may choose to purchase a reusable license/tag protective holder if available at the license vendor or many office supply stores or make your own. Attach a piece of string, wire, etc. to your temporary tag and protective holder before you hunt. Carry a pen or pencil and a watch with you to fill out your temporary tag. The temporary tag must remain on the deer until it is permanently tagged. Once a temporary tag is detached from the permit, it is illegal to hunt or pursue deer with a hunting device without purchasing an additional valid deer permit (See Concealed Carry information).
For multiple deer permit holders, the first deer taken in the day must have been temporarily tagged before hunting or pursuing another deer.
Hunters with deer permits must use the temporary tag from the permit. Landowners and tenants who take a deer on their land and any other person not required to purchase a deer permit must make and attach their own tag with their name, address, and date and time killed. This tag must be attached to the dead deer immediately in the field at the place were it fell.​
He's sayin tag the deer with a homemade temp tag, get it home, butcher it without checking it in (without actually using your tag), go out and kill another using the same tag number, repeat.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Therell have to be a confirmation number or something to write on the tag after you call it in. Whatever it is, its not gonna be better than the old system, buy a tag, shoot the deer, tag the deer, go check it in and go home. Why fix it if it aint broken?

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Therell have to be a confirmation number or something to write on the tag after you call it in. Whatever it is, its not gonna be better than the old system, buy a tag, shoot the deer, tag the deer, go check it in and go home. Why fix it if it aint broken?

It'll be because it's convenient ...:D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts