Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Who's Ready?

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  village blacksmith 
#1 ·
Found my old fishin log I've had for a while and went through it. Guess ill be stomping the banks about April. Then got down the rigs and tinkered with em for a min. Anyone else itchin let some arrows cut the water?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#3 ·
I'm not going to be bow fishing but I can't wait to hit the banks! With rabbit season gone I have nothing but home improvement projects to do until I can fish...

#4 ·
Haha same here... I dusted the Stihl off and went out to the property and started hackin up some firewood. Painting next, then seed the ground around the patio were the dogs tore it up this winter.... I definately need to get out to the water and let some arrows go. I've shot em on shallow lakes this time of year.

#7 ·
Ive been out twice (one dayshoot and one night) and Daves been out four times (all nights) I believe. Id like get out this weekend, but Im waaayy tied up with the show and my fan build. :rolleyes:

Already destroyed one rest cause of frozen arrows. Hooray for me....

Black Dog Bowfishing Pro Staff

#8 ·
dang frozen arrows? I shot in march at EF lake 2 years ago with ice still in the coves during the day on my buddies 7 ft fiberglass boat. Very sketchy but I connected on a couple. This year is a truck after not havin one for a few years, and next year ill be workin into gettin a rig. I've shot off one good boat when I started. Good time. Beats the heck outta bank fishing, but man is it cold flyin around on the water this time of year. Good luck!

#9 ·
Yeah, the arrows were freezing to my rest and the line was freezing in my reel. But still shooting fish!!

Youre more than welcome to come along with me! My fan should be done soon and then my boat will be back out. Ill be on the river quite a bit. I live just outside of Dayton.

#11 ·
Yeah, the arrows were freezing to my rest and the line was freezing in my reel. But still shooting fish!!

Youre more than welcome to come along with me! My fan should be done soon and then my boat will be back out. Ill be on the river quite a bit. I live just outside of Dayton.

hey i appreciate the offer, im definately willing to get out there. just let me know when ya shoot south and ill see if i cant work into my schedule with work an all. More fish i get into the happier i am hahahaha.

#12 ·
Hey Carp Skewer, ever head over to delaware lake? A buddy and me have a small boat and we hit up the north end of the lake some. Last year was our first year, but it was a blast. Only went out during the day since the small boat doesnt lend to lights and gear real well, but still had a good time.

This thread has me wanting to try the lake earlier then i was thinking!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.