Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went For nasa, and ravenna gun, maybe this will be my year. Never landed any myself, also never landed castelia for trout.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've put in for controlled hunts the last 5-6 years and have never been drawn. Hope this is the year. Anyone know if the requirement to buy a license first has lowered the total entries?
Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I missed the boat..Was wanting to put in for Salt Fork

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I put in for just about every gun hunt and a few bow hunts. Would love to get a Ravenna gun. Never been drawn. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Anyone here ever been selected for one of these hunts and been successful?
Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+

·
Registered
504 Posts
I applied for several. Got drawn for Ravenna 2 ago.. Was really great, had an opportunity on a 140" deer, shot a tree instead.;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put in for Ravenna , salt fork archery and mogadore/wingfoot waterfowl. When will the drawing take place? The Wildlife site says "pending" for drawing results?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I put in for one on Wright Patt AFB golf course last year and got drawn. Havent put in for any this year.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I apply for several every year. Went to Plumbrook once but that was quite a few years ago. Got drawn for Mosquito muzzleloader maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Was -14 degrees when we started that morning. That was interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I405

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
So,how do these hunts work?do you have your own area or first come first serve?
I can't speak for all, but at Plumbrook and Mosquito, everyone was assigned an area. Plumbrook's area was smaller and you just shared it with your partner. At Mosquito it was a little larger and you shared with a few more hunters. I don't know if it is still that way, but that's how it was when I was drawn.

Here's a brief write up on my Mosquito Creek Muzzleloader hunt. It was in 2009.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have been to most of them over the last 18 years including youth hunts with my son. I love Plumbrook thought it was well run, killdeer was great with my son. Alot of fun

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ravenna assigns you to an area, each area has a 'guide' he will go over the boundries and will tell you where the deer typically move. Lots of deer, would love to go back;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I know at Ravenna you get assigned an "area" that you and your partner get to hunt. Does anyone know how big your "area" is? 100ac? 500ac? Thx. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I put in for one on Wright Patt AFB golf course last year and got drawn. Havent put in for any this year.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information

engine
JB
Did you do any good out at WPAFB? Are there a lot of deer out there?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
For the first time since the 1970's I refused to waste my money. Over the last 7-8 years, the state has subcontracted the drawing so some private company gets rich. the number of hunters drawn has been reduced drastically. why???

it just seems like a ripoff to line the DOW pockets.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts