Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone experiencing an emergence of this brood? Or, the real question is- does anyone KNOW where those fat, clumsy bugs are dropping in the water where fish are eating them?

I‘ve got no time, but would try very hard to find some if I knew I could cast a cicada fly somewhere a smallmouth or trout was waiting to eat it.

Reactions: Deehntr56

·
Registered
105 Posts
None here in our neighborhood in Beavercreek. But they are thick only a mile or two away.

Reactions: GMbuck

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m in NEO too and haven’t seen any. We weren’t expecting them though. It looks like there’s some north of Columbus and in SW Ohio. I wonder if there are any by the Mad River.

When we had them near me last time, the fishing was great, but I didn’t take enough advantage. Since then, I’ve made a couple trips to try to find them in and around excellent stream fishing. I’ve found some good fishing, but haven’t connected with the cicadas.

Reactions: jethro

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm in SWOH and haven't seen any. Not due here till 2025. The map a saw had them in west central OH...north of us.

Reactions: jethro and GMbuck

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Im in Darke county and they are all over . They were all over me mowing yesterday . My buddy said he can scim his pool and a half hour later you can't tell it was touched .

·
Registered
628 Posts
I reckon you did get a handful over there...

Just looked at the color coded map and I see that parts of Hamilton and Butler Co are in the Cicada zone. Crazy how they are distributed!

Reactions: GMbuck and jethro

·
22,557 Posts
None here-

Reactions: GMbuck
1 - 11 of 11 Posts