Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
22,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously?:rant:

White House under fire for adding Obama policy plugs to past presidents' bios

The Obama White House is drawing ridicule for appending the official online biographies of nearly every president over the last century in order to link President Obama's accomplishments to the former commanders in chief.

For instance, the following line was added to the official bio of the late President Ronald Reagan: "In a June 28, 1985, speech, Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multimillionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule."
There's this at the bottom of the Franklin D. Roosevelt biography, for instance:

"On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations."

And this, at the end of President Lyndon Johnson's, drawing a link between his signing of Medicare and Obama's signing of the health care overhaul:

"President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare into law in 1965 -- providing millions of elderly health care stability. President Obama's historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the 'donut hole.'"
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...in-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=161610#ixzz1v5OlEeWD

·
Banned
624 Posts
First of all... the title of this topic is misleading. Go to:
http://m.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents
and see for yourself that a section called "Did you know..." has been added at the bottom of each page and rewrites nothing. Since the web site is a product of the White House and is about as "official" as anything else found online, adding a new section doesn't seem out of line for politicians.

Second... I'm confused... is this one of those more important issues that we should be discussing other than equal rights for all citizens?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Here's what else he's done.

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 months!

What did Congress do in those 40 months?

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates theof all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will... and these are just the major ones...

I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... you all comfortable???

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
624 Posts
According to this web site:
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/disposition.html
President Obama has only signed 121 Executive Orders. Ronald Reagan signed 381 and G.W. signed 291.

You might also want to check your source as the numbers on the orders you mention don't line up with the numbers issued by the current administration. Obama's run from 13489 to 13609.

The first E.O. you list, 10990, was issued in 1962 by Kennedy and established the Federal Safety Council. Look it up yourself.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Here's what else he's done.

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 months!

What did Congress do in those 40 months?

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates theof all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will... and these are just the major ones...

I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... you all comfortable???

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Is 923 a record in 40 months? I'm sure they make for good reading but I doubt he reads them. Most likely, with pen in hand, signs off on them after an overview from his staff.

The policy plug links are another issue. Has any other person in his position done the same thing? His staff members are on top of every aspect of salesmanship. It's a shame to see our tax dollars being wasted like this.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
While nothing has been re-written per se,
Obama and his administration has once again shown their
arrogance and vanity. Where are their priorities?

4 more years???? hellz NO :thumbs_down:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Another example to the depths that Obama will stoop. Resulting to Chicago style intimidation against citizens and their kids.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rom...means-to-be-on-president-obamas-enemies-list/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-enemies-list-theyre-stalking-my-kids-video/

It is not enough to go after the man you are running against, he is going after the donors. Honest hardworking entrepreneurs are being targeted and smeared. Obama is trying to send a message, if you oppose me and donate to my opponent, I will come after you with all I have to destroy you. Obama actually hired detectives to follow Romney donors and their families to dig up anything they could use.

I actually knew this guy growing up. He and a next door neighbor started up the company he now runs. He created several thousand jobs in his local economy with his efforts. He built his company up from nothing to a multi-billion dollar company today.

Edit:
So as not to hijack this thread, I will post this in it's own thread also.

·
22,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all... the title of this topic is misleading.
Seriously?:confused:

I don't see anything misleading with the fact they are doing this-

The Obama White House is drawing ridicule for appending the official online biographies of nearly every president over the last century in order to link President Obama's accomplishments to the former commanders in chief.
I don't see how you are confused-

·
Banned
624 Posts
Is 923 a record in 40 months? I'm sure they make for good reading but I doubt he reads them. Most likely, with pen in hand, signs off on them after an overview from his staff.
A record? ... Do you really hate this President so much that you'll believe false information?

Have you even read any of the fake E.O.s mentioned?

An informed citizenship is at the heart of our way of government. To blindly believe anything posted on the internet without doing your own research makes our country weaker.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
A record? ... Do you really hate this President so much that you'll believe false information?

Have you even read any of the fake E.O.s mentioned?

An informed citizenship is at the heart of our way of government. To blindly believe anything posted on the internet without doing your own research makes our country weaker.
Does that include believing what you post?

·
Banned
624 Posts
I don't see how you are confused-
Then, please explain to me how anything about our history has been re-written.

So far, I see this as a minor minor issue and doesn't even compare to the equality of rights issue that so many here think is insignificant.

Would you really like to discuss a political tag line at the bottom of a web page produced by the White House as opposed to such topics as how to bring back a healthy middle class or how are we to deal with the world's financial situation or how do we protect the health of women without religious interference?

·
22,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then, please explain to me how anything about our history has been re-written.
Yep- I see you are confused-

Here we'll try to help you along once again-

For instance, the following line was added to the official bio of the late President Ronald Reagan: "In a June 28, 1985, speech, Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multimillionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule."
There's this at the bottom of the Franklin D. Roosevelt biography, for instance:

"On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations."

And this, at the end of President Lyndon Johnson's, drawing a link between his signing of Medicare and Obama's signing of the health care overhaul:

"President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare into law in 1965 -- providing millions of elderly health care stability. President Obama's historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the 'donut hole.'"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts