Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys I know this comes up every year and that there are many factors that go into it . putting weather aside which week do you guys prefer this year? 5-11 or 12-18 . Right now I'm leaning towards 5th

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
955 Posts
Traditionally the first two weeks in Nov are usually good for buck movement as long as it's not too warm. Temps in the 60's and 70's will shut it down big time. Record books show the biggest bucks have been killed later.....toward Thanksgiving. Each year is different and every area is different. A buddy of mine hunts outside of Dayton and he hunted the first two week of Nov without seeing a single buck last year. 26 does and no bucks. I was hunting in SE Ohio and was covered up in bucks the first week of November. Each area will show different movement.

One week I am starting to like more and more is the last week of October. I see decent movement during this time as well. My opening day with a bow doesn't start until October 20'ish.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Traditionally the first two weeks in Nov are usually good for buck movement as long as it's not too warm. Temps in the 60's and 70's will shut it down big time. Record books show the biggest bucks have been killed later.....toward Thanksgiving. Each year is different and every area is different. A buddy of mine hunts outside of Dayton and he hunted the first two week of Nov without seeing a single buck last year. 26 does and no bucks. I was hunting in SE Ohio and was covered up in bucks the first week of November. Each area will show different movement.

One week I am starting to like more and more is the last week of October. I see decent movement during this time as well. My opening day with a bow doesn't start until October 20'ish.
Totally agree!!!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I usually do well on bucks around Nov 5 to Nov 12. This past season it was Nov 13, but I was seeing good buck movement starting on Nov 6.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
5,040 Posts
Problem is you can't put weather aside, Like others have said from the last week in October til gun season rolls around, all can be good or bad based on the weather. With all that being said, Nov 11th will be the dark of the moon, with the moon transit at about 10 AM:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm leaning towards 5th. I shot my 155 8 last year on 12th and the guy that got that monster I was hunting killed him the Sunday before 300 yards from me same morn I was in stand. It was like a light switch that week in my area

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yea I'm leaning towards 5th. I shot my 155 8 last year on 12th and the guy that got that monster I was hunting killed him the Sunday before 300 yards from me same morn I was in stand. It was like a light switch that week in my area

Let's see some pics of that hog eight man. That's a dandy for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will go against the norm and say 12-18 and that is when my vacation will be. Partly because I can't take the previous week off and partly b/c we have better luck in our area somewhere around the 15th. It's a local thing and I often think even areas 10 or 15 miles apart can be quite different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts