Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Who said that Costa Rico would want him either?

If the blowhard DOESN'T leave, then it's just another of his many, many, many, many lies.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That's funny, Looks like he stepped in it again. I listen to him when fishing for the pure entertainment value, like "The Big Bang Theory" or "Sponge Bob":whistle:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Weren't a bunch of mealy-mouthed Hollywood liberals going to leave the country a few years ago if Bush got re-elected? I think they're all still here though, and still bad mouthing the US every chance they get.:tsk:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weren't a bunch of mealy-mouthed Hollywood liberals going to leave the country a few years ago if Bush got re-elected? I think they're all still here though, and still bad mouthing the US every chance they get.:tsk:
Not sure,find a link and post it!
But we have come to find out that THIS guy didn't stand behind hi word! ;)

·
Banned
624 Posts
A tip of the hat to Salinger for standing by his word.

But then... no one ever accused Limbaugh of being in the same league as Salinger.

I agree that Rush is more of a "Sponge Bob" kind of guy, anyway. He's even built like him...

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
It amazes me how rediculous some people sound when they speak before they think.

Who gives a crap about celebrity endorsements to begin with?

·
22,521 Posts
Hopefully he doesn't go to Luxembourg. He may know whats going to happen with the quality and is rolling the dice. My moms sister had surgery many years ago to remove a kidney- they took out the wrong one and she has had to live with the bad kidney. If anyone thinks health care provided by the government is any good-I can tell you 1st hand my opinion- if you would like to hear about it.:whistle::biggrin:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dee,but what is worse than having NO healthcare?
Seriously,too many people go without.I'm not saying that Obamacare is the answer(it can and probably should be looked at and tweaked to make it better)but,we do need a plan that will allow peopl access to decent healtcare.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Dee,but what is worse than having NO healthcare?
Seriously,too many people go without.I'm not saying that Obamacare is the answer(it can and probably should be looked at and tweaked to make it better)but,we do need a plan that will allow peopl access to decent healtcare.
Not at my expense. I dont work for a paycheck for anybody but my family. If they want it, they can work for it.

These social programs should equate to the US having the cleanest streets and litter free waterways in the world.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
22,521 Posts
If the program reduces the "quality" of life, like it did my aunt- keep it!

Why would I want something free, when you are going to get what you pay for it? We have a great health care system in ourr country-up to recently-but something tells me that is going to "change". And that change won't be for the better as I noted above and a new one below.

Let me expand it a little further. Not only has she had to live her reduced qulaity of life with a bad kidney for almost 40 years- recently she had become sick again, and eventually ended up in the hospital. After she was released, the amulance took her home. On the way home, they took a curve too fast- and the guerney she was in, slid sideways and fell over. She fell on her left leg. As she tried to get up with the help of the- medical ahem-staff in the ambulance she couldn't get up. They said it was nothing and got her back on the stretcher. She told them the rest of the way home, there was a problem with her leg-they said it would be fine.

They got her home- got her inside and off they went. Her daughter showed up alittle while later, saw the swollen leg and called the ambuilance again. They took her in and did some x-rays----10 hours later.

The xrays showed not one-but two broken bones in her leg. She was immobilized for another 20 hours before they could begin to treat her. My Mom was livid. Her daughter was livid. It took them days to treat her leg and she didn't want to go home by any of their transportation any longer...and that's just a couple of the situations she has had to deal with.

I'll take no care and die before I allow someone to treat me like that.

·
22,521 Posts
Not there-

·
Banned
624 Posts
If the program reduces the "quality" of life, like it did my aunt- keep it!

Why would I want something free, when you are going to get what you pay for it? We have a great health care system in ourr country-up to recently-but something tells me that is going to "change". And that change won't be for the better as I noted above and a new one below.
I'll take no care and die before I allow someone to treat me like that.
According to the CIA World Fact Book (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html), our "great health care system" gets the U.S. ranked 50th in length of life compared to other countries. We live 11 fewer years than first place Moraco and well behind many European countries. South Koreans and many Chinese live longer than we do.

According to FOXNews (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136990,00.html), "One-third of Americans told pollsters that the U.S. health care system should be completely rebuilt, far more than residents of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the U.K. Just 16 percent*of Americans said that the U.S. health care system needs only minor changes, the lowest number expressing approval among the countries surveyed."

Our system is broke and malfunctioning. If a national version of RomneyCare doesn't work... we'll try something else. The point is to not just sit there and do nothing.

For example... I'm up for a whole new way that doctors get paid. They should get a base pay plus bonuses for keeping people healthy. That would make doctor's pro-active in keeping their patients healthy and for them to become more preventative rather than wait for us to get sick and then react.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Not at my expense. I dont work for a paycheck for anybody but my family. If they want it, they can work for it.

These social programs should equate to the US having the cleanest streets and litter free waterways in the world.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
First, how do you figure that requiring everyone to buy health insurance is going to cost you anything?

Second, do you really want the quadraplegic living on SSI disability to wear an orange jump suit and pick up trash along the highway? Should children have to pick McDonald's bags out of creeks before Mom can get food stamps to feed them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts