Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

where to bowfish??

14K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Canoe carp killer 
#1 ·
i just got a browning cobra II recurve and i love it!! my buddy got her dialed in and introduced me to the wonderful world of bowfishing. i love it!! so heres my question...i live in southwestern ohio and im trying to find out where i can find some gar and/or massive grass carp. the regular carp, or buffalo carp however you want to put it, are EVERYWHERE!! i would just like to try a variety of fish. if anyone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for your time everyone.....mike

#3 ·
You have several places you can go to in your area. Ohio river, Little miami River, also several lakes in your area hold the fish your looking for..... Happy Hunting!

#6 ·
Some lakes down your way do have grass carp in them. So check with the DNR about them. Some are off limits to bowfishing. They are put in by the DNR for weed control. This summer if you want give me a call and I can take you out on my bowfishing rig.

#7 ·
While I have not been bowfishing there, I am willing to bet that in May/June the carp will be spawning below the dam at Ceasars Creek. If not up near the shore in mud/grass, they will be just offshore swimming together at the surface. EASY pickings. They will also be in shallow grassy areas on the main lake. I was thinking about heading up there this spring. Let me know how the fishing is. I have friends in Dayton that want to try the sport out as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.