Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the site for a while now, and I don't ever remember it being so hostle. I get on here to talk about deer and just hunting in general. Not knock everyones view's.. We do disagree with a few thing's here and there but man there has been some real ball busting.. It's like a bunch of women bickering (No offence lady's).

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I have been on the site for a while now, and I don't ever remember it being so hostle. I get on here to talk about deer and just hunting in general. Not knock everyones view's.. We do disagree with a few thing's here and there but man there has been some real ball busting.. It's like a bunch of women bickering (No offence lady's).
when people start controversial posts...:Dby the way...i'm not angry...just defending my opinion...i try very hard not to get personal and degrade anyone because their opinion is different than mine...when the idiot calling starts or bad words...(not from me)...i'll be out of there and hopefully the thread gets closed when it reaches that point...and a few topics that get started on here...will reach that point...everytime...everyone should be able to disagree without being rediculed...a lil funs ok but sometimes that goes too far...name calling or threats are way out of line imo...people have a right to disagree...its that simple...leave it at that...and learn somethang from the conversation...:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Funny how an animal with some goofy bone like protrusions on its head brings out the weirdness. Methinks we all need to go out and do a little squirrel hunting come September and remember why we all love to be outside and hunt. Never did hear of a fellow hunter who got mad at another hunter for shooting "his" squirrel. There is something beautiful and magical about the sight of a big mature buck but seems some are pretty focused on one thing when nature gives us so much to enjoy. What is the saying? Life is about balance or something to that effect.

Sent from my SCH-I405

·
Banned
955 Posts
also.....the more popular these internet sites get the better chance of knowing someone who hunts near you or on the same property as you. Not a big deal if that person is a law abiding hunter and does not break laws.

Let's face it......now a days, no one hates another hunter more than another hunter. You think deer hunters are bad, try duck hunters...........

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I thought it was the heat. But it has been pretty nice the last couple days and it's still going on. I know I bust peoples balls but I try to do it in fun, not to be angry or make them angry.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
also.....the more popular these internet sites get the better chance of knowing someone who hunts near you or on the same property as you. Not a big deal if that person is a law abiding hunter and does not break laws.

Let's face it......now a days, no one hates another hunter more than another hunter. You think deer hunters are bad, try duck hunters...........
hate another hunter...:nono:maybe i dont get what youre saying...we disagree but actually hate someone......not sure if theres a difference between "not liking someone"or "hating someone"...but i feel there is...and i'm not to that point with anyone right now...and i'm not sure if i ever was there...prolly said it as a kid...i hear kids say it all the time...:biggrin:

·
5,040 Posts
I'm not sure what it's called, but it happens every summer about this time....it will begin to disappear about August 15th and by the end of September it will be all gone.....kinda like summertime cabin fever!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Haha. Cheers to the duck hunting boys. My first love is waterfowl, and that comment is spot on Darren. I bust some balls on here, never really get extremely worked up. A tad lately, but not too much. Ill start cussin and name callin in the blind this fall....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
JB, You can cuss me in your blind if you want. Less time you will be cussing someone else. I'm going to cuss the farmer if he don't get the corn out early. I think the hay field will be burnt up by then if we don't get some rain. Now there is something to cuss about.

·
22,521 Posts
You "boys" are starting to resemble this kid-:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I'm not sure what it's called, but it happens every summer about this time....it will begin to disappear about August 15th and by the end of September it will be all gone.....kinda like summertime cabin fever!
right on...certain topics like crossbows:yikes: and the oba:yikes: have always brought out the worst in people...much more than the low pop.threads...yup this will all pass when everybuddy starts filling their freezers with deers and puting another 150+buck head on the wall...well everybuddy but me that is...:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right on...certain topics like crossbows:yikes: And the oba:yikes: Have always brought out the worst in people...much more than the low pop.threads...yup this will all pass when everybuddy starts filling their freezers with deers and puting another 150+buck head on the wall...well everybuddy but me that is...:biggrin:
lol

·
Banned
955 Posts
hate another hunter...:nono:maybe i dont get what youre saying...we disagree but actually hate someone......not sure if theres a difference between "not liking someone"or "hating someone"...but i feel there is...and i'm not to that point with anyone right now...and i'm not sure if i ever was there...prolly said it as a kid...i hear kids say it all the time...:biggrin:
Today it's all about competition......nobody likes to have another hunter in or near their territory. Like I have said, if you think deer hunters are bad try duck or goose hunters. Deer you can find anywhere, but not waterfowl. I've seen people get into fist fights over a duck or goose......especially on state ground.

Hate is a very strong term and I probably used in the wrong sense above......instead of hate, I should have probably used dislike.

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Funny how an animal with some goofy bone like protrusions on its head brings out the weirdness. Methinks we all need to go out and do a little squirrel hunting come September and remember why we all love to be outside and hunt. Never did hear of a fellow hunter who got mad at another hunter for shooting "his" squirrel. There is something beautiful and magical about the sight of a big mature buck but seems some are pretty focused on one thing when nature gives us so much to enjoy. What is the saying? Life is about balance or something to that effect.

Sent from my SCH-I405
Don't get me started on the overly long squirrel season, the lack of squirrels in my woods, and the squirrel bag limits...;)

And when Telecheck hits squirrel season, it's all over.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Don't get me started on the overly long squirrel season, the lack of squirrels in my woods, and the squirrel bag limits...;)

And when Telecheck hits squirrel season, it's all over.
"Squirrels" - Who hunts squirrels

Now put the word "Trophy" in front of squirrel and it would become the next craze.

"Trophy Squirrel's"
"Dominant Squirrel's"
"Squirrel Collector"

I guess some of my anger is more dis-satisfaction with my opprotunities in the woods. I feel like the ratio between time and sightings has gone sour. I adapt hunting strategies constantly and I always question whats going on. The past few years have been bad as 90% of the guys on here will confirm. Then theres guys that say travel 150 miles to up your odds and I say WHY should I have to. I've hunted for 30 years and clearly my local population has dwindled. Sightings,Road Kills and Crop Damage Permits issued say it all. I have yet to see a Fawn this year. I see Does here and there with no young in Tow. Pretty discouraging to say the least and if this is the dnr's plan for my county than I say it's BAD. I talk to alot of hunters in Ashtabula and they say the same thing. I drive by thousands of acres of bean field every morning and see nothing. 10 years ago I would see 10-15 everyday. I think the Big anger issue comes from this kinda stuff and when someone tells you to quit whining and hunt somewhere else. Why would I need to do that. Why should I have to do that. Deer numbers are low and I will bet anyone that the kill will take another dive this year. The DNR is hurting themselves in some areas. Guys will stop hunting or go to Kentucky:bouncy:.

The Future
Take a kid fishing in a Mud puddle or take him to well stocked Pond.

What the DNR has accomplished in the last few years is like filling that pond full of hungry mink.

Whaaah!

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Yes, it seems that the remnants of cabin fever have persisted here a bit into summer.

·
22,521 Posts
"Squirrels" - Who hunts squirrels

Now put the word "Trophy" in front of squirrel and it would become the next craze.

"Trophy Squirrel's"
"Dominant Squirrel's"
"Squirrel Collector"

Whaaah!
You forgot-

Boone and Crockett Squirrels
Pope and Young Squirrels
Ohio Big Tail Squirrels

:p:biggrin::biggrin:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts