close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

When Baseball was great to watch-

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Deehntr56, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
  2. I do as well. Saturdays U.S. LLWS final was an emotional roller coaster... even though I had no favorite. Those young men put it all out there and some even made
    $100,000 major league plays under, for them, extraordinary pressure...and handled
    it like true champions. Great U.S. representation, even in defeat. Hats off to you you men!! :thumbs_up:

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015

3. It is still fun watching kids play ball. Alot different then the pros. The kids play have fun doing it.

My 13 year old played his 74th game this summer last Saturday, between 2 teams. I have seen it all, from walk offs, to suicides, and great pitching, he through a no hitter in regional play, and some dandy catches as well. He makes you really appreciate the game the way it is supposed to be.

I also umpire, so I get another experience most people dont.

4. Thats great! The pros are boring to watch. Kids and high school seems alot more fun to me.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

I watched and coached the game from the dugout for many years-enjoyed it and enjoyed getting into it with the umps!;):D

We were able to take a team to Cooperstown, and then to several states throughout the summers that we played. They won 2 state titles as 10-11 year olds, and then went Open so we can expand the roster and play in tournaments throughout the midwest. Long days at times, but we had a blast and I would never trade it for anything. I was able to coach my son for many years up thru high school and there are many memories that we will both have for the rest of our lives.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012

6. I coached my older son for about 8 years. My now 13 year old started travel ball, so I got to be a dad again. We have played baseball in Myrtle Beach, Baltimore, All over Ohio, 6 tournaments this year.

I have been able to enjoy and watch some really talented young men, who truly enjoy playing the game.

Brings back memories from when I was a kid. We would get many kids together, sometimes enough for 3 teams, and play our own "tournament" and we would do this several times a week all summer. Then on Sat. and Sun. in the fall it was football games.

Dont see kids doing this anymore. I guess times have changed.

7. When I was 10 I was in the 11 and 12 year old CABA world series. From then on I played 80+ games a year. Several world series state you name it. We travaled every weekend. I am now 37 and refer to them as the glory day's.. There was nothing better than playing Baseball.. I still play and will until I am unable. I think of the good times, the up's the downs. My Grandpa had a truck with a camper on the back of it. We would ride out to the tourny's in the back of the camper. I had my first dip in that thing. We fill a 2 liter up driving to St. Louis for the tourny of champ's.... I miss those day's... sorry I went on a tangent.. Oh by the way I could of played for a bunch of school's but I went to Hocking for Fish and Wildlife instead... LOL

Now I have Daughters and coach soccer....