Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove around part of Jockey Hollow wildlife area yesterday. I was surprised to find one of the parking lots/entry points on the southern end had a private property sign where the public land sign had been. I have hunted this area for years. When I got home I checked the state DOW site and found no notice of changes. I tried to pull up the states map of the area and it says "not available". All the other wildlife area maps come up fine. Anyone know whats up? My guess is a boundry conflict between the state and a private citizen. Thoughts? Guys that show up opening day of gun are in for an unpleasant surprise.

·
Super Moderator
3,126 Posts
"They" sold it. What ever agreement the owners had with the DNR was dissolved. It was listed for $1.5 million last year.

·
Super Moderator
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info. I recall a portion of the land was still owned by the mining company and they had an agreement with the state. Did the state DOW site ever post anything regarding the change? If so I missed it. Wonder who came up with that kind of cash for the purchase. Too bad... it held some fine deer and due to the terrain, it was able to support heavy pressure. What a shame.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts