Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

What's the biggest fish you guys got while bowfishing??

2K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  george tinkham 
#1 ·
Also what you got out of state too. ;)

#4 ·
My biggest fish are as follows:

37 lb. Buffalo sucker (36 lbs.14 oz. close enough to 37)
52" gar (In Ga.)
2 lb. white sucker
27 lb. common carp( In Ga.)
10 lb. Mirror carp

But looking to try to beat them every year.;)

#6 ·
Desperado, How much closer to that record could you be. Three more ounces on a fish that big is not a lot. You were almost there. I am assuming that you shot that buffalo in Ohio?

Back when Paisley and I shot our buffalos out of Hoover they had a different system for determining the record. It was on some kind of point system. I think it was 1 point for every ounce, and 1 point for every 1/2 inch or something like that. Mine was a female that lost tons of eggs. Maybe a couple pounds of them. Paisley said his was a male.

#9 ·
Whats the most fish shot at one time, one arrow

Ok guys i have to brag alittle about this but have any of yuo shot two fish at the same time.
I spotted this one carp rolling on the bank and was kicking alot of mud up so i was waiting for the perfect shot.When the shot finally came i took the shot and the carp just sat there did not move, man the stunk then when i started to bring my line in there were two carp, one pass thru the other stuck right in the head of the other could not belive it.I had no idea that the second carp was under the first one.unblelievable first time for me.

#10 ·
Arrow1 I got that Buffalo up near Galena in Hoover. It seems I only see them up maybe a few weeks a year.

#11 ·
2 IN 1 SHOT

CARIBOUDREAMER 2
I SHOT TWO AT ONE TIME LAST YEAR, I DID IT AT THE GREAT MIAMI RIVER IN DAYTON, LUCKLY MY WIFE AND KIDS WERE WITH ME SO I HAVE PROOF I DID IT. I SHOT MY THE SAME WAY YOU DID YOURS , I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THE OTHER ONE WAS THERE UNTILL I REELED IN THE LINE , THEY WERE ABOUT FIVE POUNDS A PEICE AND MY WIFE EVEN GOT PICS OF IT

#12 ·
I have shoot two together before. When I seen a bunch feeding on roots and I was walking down the bank and the only shot I had was across them. I was trying to get three at once ,but never did it.;)

#16 ·
I bowfish there and Hoover all the time. We'll hook up this year and go.;) and bring Cb with us.

#18 ·
I have too. Also lots of the land owners around there tell me to get them all. :D Seeing all those woman laying out too. ;)

#19 ·
a few years ago the bowfishing association of michigan held a tournament on a lake called allegan.it was the nastiest looking lake with nothing but garbage in it.we never saw a single game fish in that lake! but to make a long story shorter......both my partner and i shot at these schools of carp just sucking scum on the waters surface.these schools had hundreds of fish in them and all you could see was LIPS!!! well each of shot 5 fish at one time .and my partner had six on on one of his shots but one got off.we took about 3 shots each and had somewhere around 25 fish in the boat.the only other spot i have seen fish stacked up like that is a warm water discharge on lake erie.the shad will stack up by the THOUSANDS and i mean thousands!!! anyone could shoot 5 to 6 fish at a time.i stopped there today and the lake is froze and the fish were piled up in the only area not froze.i also saw a couple big schools of carp.i am going togo out and stick some tommorrow .

#20 ·
I wish I could go with you!! Sounds like your going to have a blast!;)

#22 ·
Sounds like you guys are doing good on the doulbles and triples keep us posted on any good succes this year.Good luck ohioguy if you get out go get the first one of the year.:D

#23 ·
well i hit the honey hole today and landed my first fish of the year and my second as well !!!! by the days end my buddy and i had landed well over our first 200 fish of the year. we only saw 4 carp and got 3 of them ,we ended up shooting a couple hundred shad.i sent a few pics to desperado( did you get them clarence?) to verify!! it was a little nippy out to say the least but we had a blast. i am going to go out this weekend and stack up some more.i know there is a ton of carp in there but for some reason they just were not showing themselves today!!

#24 ·
I checked my mail and they didn't come. Send them again.

#26 ·
I got them and those are the biggest shad I have ever seen in my life. The carp were nice too. I see you were using your Oneida. Great job!!! How big of an area where you in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.