Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
I'll assume your normal sarcasm km this one..the funny part is as a conservative id be overjoyed if we really couldn't list s single " entitlement" above those listed as inalienable rights.

If you think there are any that should be added, please tell me who os born with the inevitable responsibility to provide them?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

· Banned
487 Posts
Proud Republican

I'll assume your normal sarcasm km this one..the funny part is as a conservative id be overjoyed if we really couldn't list s single " entitlement" above those listed as inalienable rights.

If you think there are any that should be added, please tell me who os born with the inevitable responsibility to provide them?

As a conservative then, you oppose the G.I.Bill entitlements.
Typical .. :thumbs_down: You fit the conservative definition.. nothing much!

* Your Ilk are truely a load to bear... Our military families thanks your
support..

· Registered
2,001 Posts
I can't speak for any Republicans or anyone else regardless of their political affiliation, only for myself. I don't like it when our elected "representatives" pass laws that force me to give my money to others, or force others to give money to me. How could anyone take pride in that? How could anyone with any sense of pride vote in favor of such a law? Likewise, how could anyone with any sense of pride at all accept money in one form or another knowing that it was forcibly taken from someone else?

I understand some people need help with food, clothing and/or shelter. I am more than willing to help my local neighbors, if they ask, but not if some government official tells me to. Some do ask, and some are too proud to ask. It's not my place to force my assistance on them, nor is it their place, or some elected "representative's" place to force me to assist them.
I am not proud that I collect social security to which I am entitled. I do want to get the money I paid in, back out, with interest.

I am not proud that I took advantage of a VA loan guarantee to which I am entitled to buy our little piece of paradise. We have been fortunate (read: worked hard) enough to pay it all back, with interest.

I am not proud that I collect a military retirement to which I am entitled. I served and I'm proud of my service, even back when some other people weren't very proud of what I did. I did what I had to do for a couple of decades and survived. You were forced to pay me each month while I was on duty, and now you are forced to pay me a little bit for the rest of my life.

I am not proud that I collect ag program support to which I am entitled. But, the laws won't let me operate as a small-time farm maverick. You are forced to pay me so I can contribute to the price of food.

· Banned
624 Posts
I don’t like it when our elected “representatives” pass laws that force me to give my money to others, or force others to give money to me.
Does that include the money that you are "forced" to give to the military/industrial complex? Keeping all your money just for yourself and not contributing to the common good is a bit self-centered, don't you think?

After all... we all contribute to road, parks, and other public works. You seem to suggest that such contributions should strictly be voluntary. Can you guess what the road in front of your house would look like if that were the case?

How could anyone take pride in that?
How could anyone with any sense of pride...
Likewise, how could anyone with any sense of pride at all...

I am not proud that I collect social security...
I am not proud that I took advantage of a VA loan guarantee...
I am not proud that I collect a military retirement...
I am not proud that I collect ag program support...
You seem to lead your life based mainly on pride. First you deride those who wiithout pride get government assistance and then admit that you do it yourself, anyway.

I'm sorry for your personal internal conflict, but since you gave service to our country (with great pride I suspect) why can't you look at what assistance you get as the people of the United States giving something back to you that part of your own federal taxes have paid for anyway?

We pay taxes into the system and when we need help we get some back. Some take advantage, but unlike what ?FOXNews? will tell you... a vast majority of those getting assistance are both in need of it and eventually able to pay it back when they get on their feet.

Would you rather be cut off from any assistance and need to beg on the corner just to survive? That's what people were forced to do before we set up our social safety nets.

· Banned
624 Posts
Also... "entitlements" is a word used by the far right to make government programs seem bad, as if the user feels "entitled" to get free money.

The word usage is clever PR much as ant-abortion folks have changed to call themselves ProLife to get a more positive implication on what they want.

Don't be fooled. I'm a Republican and I appreciate most of what we have set up in our government to help its citizens enjoy some degree of domestic tranquility until they can get back on their feet..

· Registered
1,067 Posts
The word usage is clever PR much as ant-abortion folks have changed to call themselves ProLife to get a more positive implication on what they want...
Much like ProChoice instead of ProAbortion or ProDeath

Don't be fooled. I'm a Republican and I appreciate most of what we have set up in our government to help its citizens enjoy some degree of domestic tranquility until they can get back on their feet..
The only one fooled here is you.

· Registered
7,575 Posts
All you guys with this political "trash talk" are proving nothing or changing any ones views - its just wrecking this site and dividing this country more - it would be nice if ya all drank a big cup of STFU - and got on with the sportsman issues.

for those who don't know what STFU - means it = SHUT THE FUGG UP

have a nice day - dang :whistle::mischeif:

if ya want to preach to the choir go to church - dang

· Registered
386 Posts
All you guys with this political "trash talk" are proving nothing or changing any ones views - its just wrecking this site and dividing this country more - it would be nice if ya all drank a big cup of STFU - and got on with the sportsman issues.

I agree, were are the moderators. This site is out of control.:rant: I used to love to read about hunting.............now:coco:

· Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Move-On

Well then, You need to start a new thread and KYAOTO..
(keep your ass outta this one.);)

· Registered
134 Posts
As a conservative then, you oppose the G.I.Bill entitlements.
Typical .. :thumbs_down: You fit the conservative definition.. nothing much!

* Your Ilk are truely a load to bear... Our military families thanks your
support..
You said " social entitlement' mark your own words carefully..words matter

As for your comment, again your words reflect knee jerk ignorance.
My father is a korean war vet, I PROUDLY SERVED 7 YRS ACTIVE SERVICE as a officer in the army lived overseas for years, served in the 7th SF group and later in germany in an ADA unit after suffering injuries while parachuting with the 7th..i also served as an enlisted man in the reserves during highschool and college.

My brother did his 20yrs as an enlisted man in the airforce including 3 tours in combat areas in flight support roles.

Given the above ( bnye knows me and can confirm all is true.
Hell ill post my DD 214 if u like. So having been injured on duty, an still not taking any "benefit" from it..ill tell you this, I AND MY FAMILY HAVE SERVED FROM A SENCE OF PATRIOTISM AND DUTY to our country, yes trail, even for you.

To revisit your question, what "social ENTITLEMENTS" ...
An ENTITLEMENT is not earned..it is something you are due period. So you ill informed nitwit the answer is still you are due nothing..but i and others have provided and protected your right to get off your ass and provide for yourself. If you feel someone is deserving of your time and or money, wonderful give it to them, do t send uncle obama harry reed the IRS and the nanny state to my door explaining how my lifes hard won rewards are to be used by someone too lazy to be responsible for themselves

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.