Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
What time of year,Which month

We all seem to have a couple things in common. For one, we seem to recognize the worthless antics of PETA. They seem to represent themselves with no consideration to their reputation or regards to human safety (as noted from burning mink farms and laboratories.)
And most of us reading this forum are sportsmen of all kinds, as long as it is ethical and for a cause that protects and serves. Even though these are the similar words that are expressed by PETA, they have lost their sense of direction and praticality. They become destructive and a nusience to the sportsmen alike because of their warped sense of values.
And this is what makes me wonder what horse did Bucktail ride in on? How can he be allowed to attack a fellow sportsman like Ohioguy and get away with it without recognizing his wrong. Bucktail stated that "Those are the real sportsmen who have an open mind and dont see everything as an attack...support it with intelligent posts not calling people tree huggers or PETA supporters of which I am not any of the two". Yet Bucktail started off his attack with reference comparing Ohioguy to Hitler. What gives here, BT?
With no quotas on carp, most all carp tournaments shoot for total weight or total fish count. This is a standard. NOT an Ohioguy issue. You know where these carp go? They get hauled off by the semi loads to fertilizer plants. That is utilizing a resource. If carp is to be considered a natural resource here, than it is a re-newable resource, one that is many times fold reproduces faster than it is being consumed.
Carp as the trash fish is a nuisance to all shorefront property owners in Michigan, Saginaw Bay. They come up to shore to propagate and die. Thousands of fish lay on shore stinking up the environment and neighborhood while the vultures congregate in feasting. This is all natural, yet the mast quantities of dead carp require extreme measures to control the population to acceptable levels. But....as GARP said, biologists and DNR keep a watchful eye on these levels and will institute limitations when seen necessary. As for now this is one resource that will not become extinct due to some binge shooting or multiple tournaments.
Ohioguy seems to be an avid sportsman from what I see of his postings, he believes in what he does, and the cause. He loves the sport and gives it his all. He is checking his honey holes while working...monitors the forums for the action tips, this shows dedication and seriousness in his sport. On the contrary, Bucktail seems to waste all his energy in negative postings. After all, BT posts on his profile as PROFESSIONAL CRITIC. I suggest Bucktail put that negative sportmanlike energy into his sport like he use to. He did quote, "I DONT HUNT TO KILL ANYMORE". Does this put him above all the rest of the fishermen, tournament participants, and food gatherers. Ohioguy put it best when he said there were two kinds of people, anti's or the jealous. I think that BT is just the jealous type with the wrong profession as a profile.
I'm sorry Bucktail, but my vote goes to Ohioguy...a true visionary of a sportsman....
...so clean it up or hit the road.........Esau

:mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.