close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is going on here????

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by AuburnTigerOH, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I tried to attach a pic. I hope it worked.

Take a look at it and let me know what is going on here. My son and I were scouting property when he found this hole that was full of deer prints.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. chopiq

chopiq Staff Member Mod

Not sure maybe if you tell me where it is I can sit over it a couple of days next weekend and see. LOL.

From the picture it looks like a natural salt lick or mineral lick. Or someone might be putting deer cane or something similar to that down. I had a couple of spots like that where I had placed some deer cane down. It got to be a circle about 8 feet across. Deer would urinate in it and it was always fresh. I would hunt that spot at least once if I was you.

3. sure looks like a mineral lick...salt lick...:D

4. Mineral site doesn't get used much later on I'd get a cam on it ASAP

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Looks like they dug themselves a fox hole, I'd look out, they might be ready for war!

6. would be a safe bet thus was someone elses mineral lick, probably from last year. the mineral is gone but they still get the traces left over from it

7. Yes sir, mine looks like that and I ain't refreshed it in. 3 yrs

8. my guess too...:biggrin:

9. x2
    i had a salt block out..when it rains the salt soaked in the ground and after the block was gone they started digging for it...set a cam on it...its been there awhile so maybe some nice ones have found it..

10. Thanks for all the info. I assumed that was what it was but wanted the opinion of a few "professionals".