Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen him in awhile? I checked his profile and it said he was banned.?. What's up with that?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i noticed it too...i always remember him talking grouse during the "no deer in ohio"debates...i think he's a poet or somethang...:biggrin:

·
22,520 Posts
Peterson requested it himself and was granted that option.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
dang...he will be greatly missed,i for one liked his style...i could just imagine him with a curved pipe in his mouth,wearing a wool plaid shirt...sitting in a big easy chair in front of a toasting warm fireplace with a sports afield magazine at his read...a bird dog laying at his feet and a fly rod leaning against the wall by the door and a parker double barrel over the fireplace...:D

·
22,520 Posts
dang...he will be greatly missed,i for one liked his style...i could just imagine him with a curved pipe in his mouth,wearing a wool plaid shirt...sitting in a big easy chair in front of a toasting warm fireplace with a sports afield catalog at his read...a bird dog laying at his feet and a fly rod leaning against the wall by the door and a parker double barrel over the fireplace...:D
The Sports Afield magazine comparison is exactly the picture in my mind.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Self removal?

Must have ran out of pipe tobacco.

It's funny how you form an image of someone just by reading their words.

I do the same thing.

Must come from listening to the radio before we could afford a TV set.

Damn I'm old.:yikes:

RGJZ06

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I think Petey finally got tired of some of us youngsters always hassling him. Sometimes though, I think he enjoyed it a little. Im sure he is still around now and then, to check in on us, just not a member. I would also imagine that the good friends he made still conversate with him.

I gave him a hard time now and then, but I liked him and didnt mean to cause any foul blood, if I did so.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Peterson just decided to move on.

Too much emphasis on deer hunting on this message board.

And poor grammar.

And the "locate-lease-lock out keep the F out" attitude.

He smokes a straight pipe and is a Field and Stream kind of guy... not that there is anything wrong with the other type. ;)

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Peterson just decided to move on.

Too much emphasis on deer hunting on this message board.

And poor grammar.

And the "locate-lease-lock out keep the F out" attitude.

He smokes a straight pipe and is a Field and Stream kind of guy... not that there is anything wrong with the other type. ;)
If he is lurking he will read this. If he is not I hope you let him know that some of us miss his riddles and his wit. Guys like him bring a small fraction of balance to sites like this. It's good to have views from both sides. Stuff he has said along with my own experience deer hunting have made me look inward at my own feelings toward the sport. Maybe someday he will venture back into the fray if the mood strikes.

Sent from my SCH-I405

·
7,173 Posts
Yep he had a different view then the "norm" for this site. I enjoyed many of his posts, but I'll admit more then once having to google some of his references. :redface:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
If he is lurking he will read this. If he is not I hope you let him know that some of us miss his riddles and his wit. Guys like him bring a small fraction of balance to sites like this. It's good to have views from both sides. Stuff he has said along with my own experience deer hunting have made me look inward at my own feelings toward the sport. Maybe someday he will venture back into the fray if the mood strikes.

Sent from my SCH-I405
i must agree he has made me aware that in hunting today theres much bigger problems for hunters other than deer hunters ...we deer and turk hunters have it lots better than upland game hunters and if theres somethang hunters should rally together for...it would be upland game...ohio really really has problems there...

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
dang...he will be greatly missed,i for one liked his style...i could just imagine him with a curved pipe in his mouth,wearing a wool plaid shirt...sitting in a big easy chair in front of a toasting warm fireplace with a sports afield magazine at his read...a bird dog laying at his feet and a fly rod leaning against the wall by the door and a parker double barrel over the fireplace...:D
I think you're thinking of Gene Hill, but I believe he was in F&S. :D

Yes, Peterson always provided well-thought-out points and could make a person think. Sometimes confusing, always full of conviction in what he said, I'll miss his contributions to the site as well.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Of love to see him come back.
My offer still stands as far as an evening around the fire with a tall glass of whatever he prefers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts