Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lot of pics of this buck last year all throughout the year from july to january. Never saw him from the stand but after seeing how much he grew I'm glad I didnt get a crack at him last year. Hope to have some incounters with him this year!

and a year and a day before the above...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Nice looking deer.

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
22,521 Posts
Good one!:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Great looking deer! I saw 2 bucks together yesterday morning on the way to work. The 2nd was almost exactly like your deer (but a near perfect 5 x 5). The first was even bigger...beautiful 6 x 6. I was shocked at how much antler growth they had already. I was even more shocked that this was right near downtown Powell!!! I would love to get access to the farm on which I saw them, but I don't think there is a prayer.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Threads like this one are a true testament to the rule of letting smaller deer walk!

There is so much potential lost every year because hunters get excited and shoot deer that need to mature.

Awesome pictures man! Good luck chasing him down, he will be a beautiful deer this fall!

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
That is awesome.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
that really soes show the growth from one year to the next. hope you get a shot at him.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Cool pics!:coolgleamA:
Definitely has B&C potential if you could hold off 2 years, don't know if I could though..
To me, he looks like a 2 year old in 2011 and 3 now.
Good luck!!

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
Cool pics!:coolgleamA:
Definitely has B&C potential if you could hold off 2 years, don't know if I could though..
To me, he looks like a 2 year old in 2011 and 3 now.
Good luck!!
Yep, one more at least. He does have the potential to become a booner...not yet though. He needs to mature! Size in pictures is all about perspective.
However, if your decision is to hunt him, I wish you the best. He would be a nice
trophy if he were your best harvest. IMO...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you know how old he is? Might be worth letting go another year since his growth is so good..
I would guess he was 2 last year and is only a 3 year this year. definatley has a lot of potnetial for next year, but i wouldnt be able to pass on that deer if the opportunity presented itself to me this season.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice deer for sure

KOKEMO

·
Registered
38 Posts
No question...........that deer has Booner potential written all over him. Theeeee hardest buck to pass in the woods is the 3-4year old that is 130-150 inches........but that is what it takes to grow the TRUE monsters.

Nice deer.........good luck with him no matter what you decide.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Figured I d keep this one going with updates whenever I get more pictures of "Nine". I check half of my cameras one weekend and the other half the next weekend. So it ends up being 2 weeks between checks on the same camera. I have 5 cameras out at different locations and have gotten pics of "Nine" on all cameras but one. Dosnt look like hes grown much, but glad to see him sticking around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts