Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Looks like one heck of a day on the water. I wish the dnr would to some musky waters in southern Ohio. Rocky fork used to be stocked, but they stopped that, than cowab, they stopped that. It's closer for me to drive to cave run in ky then drive to piedmont, leesville. My closest bet would probably be alum creek.

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Awesome, that really is a nice fishery up that way. Congratulations!

WJ, what about Salt Fork? Are you close to that by any chance?

·
22,521 Posts
Very Nice!:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where and how catch them? I fish westbranch alot but new to musky fishing. ANY help be great. Lure, trolling, spots, etc

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah all trolling near the shore but the guide said this week and next will transition into casting only. Ox find the flats beach is a good one jerk and crankbaits will work, a guy makes some new lures in Chardon Ohio look up boss shad, really nice lure trust me well worth the money. Good luck at westbranch hopefully their isn't to many pleasure boaters out.

Andrew,

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I see muskies at ceasers creek under the lights bowfishing all the time.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Looks like one heck of a day on the water. I wish the dnr would to some musky waters in southern Ohio. Rocky fork used to be stocked, but they stopped that, than cowab, they stopped that. It's closer for me to drive to cave run in ky then drive to piedmont, leesville. My closest bet would probably be alum creek.[/QU Ceaser's Creek is coming on strong. Not that far from Cowan.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts