Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i just dont understand this...her vanes are falling off.one set is but a yr. or 2 old...theyre carbones ...i doan know much bout carbones and if this is normal...just wondering if those that fletch their own get better results than that...what i do know is i fletch alum.and wood and feathers stay on forever...not sure if its just that carbones wont bond or if just poor workmanship...i do know in the past you seen the same problem with store bought wood and alum arrows but that seems to be much better now...is there a company that does a good job...:mischeif:
i'd like to know thanks...:D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
What brand carbonez are they :confused:

All carbon arrows and vanes are not created equal

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both setz are carbon express rebel...one set has the wee lil blazers i think theyre called...and the 1st set she gotz has longer vanes...

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eek::eek:i nevea thought of that...its a whicker bikit but i doan think shell ever get rid of that...oh boy...:D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Is there any vane material left of the shaft when they come off :confused:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
eek::eek:i nevea thought of that...its a whicker bikit but i doan think shell ever get rid of that...oh boy...:D
The small blazer vanes r still ok anit they its just raising the big ones off the smaller and stiffer the better an i anit comin off my WB either was thinking of it but to much can go wrong with a dropaway

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey **** I have had my cabelas carbons for about the same amout of time with the Lil blazers and a wisker bisket haven't had a problem. I have also been shooting the target every day for the last 2 weeks trying to get my 30 yard shot dialed in. Mabe just not enough glue applied.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
nope...just slick carbone...:D
Well you have a adhesive problem then - get some new vanes of good quality :whistle::mischeif:- clean the shafts real good with something like limoxyl - and refletch use a good cyano type adhesive like GOAT TUFF - G-LOCK BLU-GLU or something like that and make sure your adhesive is fresh - dang - i used a wb for a long time and never had a problem with it - i use a different style rest now - dang - and use goldtip arrow shafts - i have never bought fletched arrows - woodies/aluminum/or carbon - dang

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey **** i just took my wb off chewed up all my veins on my arrahs i went to a dropaway.havent had a problem since.also heard those wb's make noise when wet and if cold enough will freeze.
:D

·
5,040 Posts
I've been using the quikfletch. it's vanes and wraps all in one, slide them on and dunk them in boiling water for about 10 seconds and you're good to go, I've had some for over 4 years now and no problems. Never had a problem with whisker biscuits and vanes, feathers that's another story! The way you are saying that her's are just popping off, sounds like the glue is wearing out.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep i'm wunnerin if youz need a special jig or if i can uze the one i uze with luminum or wood...and i plum dint think of the slipz onzs...thoze are some reel goodz planz...:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I've been using the quikfletch. it's vanes and wraps all in one, slide them on and dunk them in boiling water for about 10 seconds and you're good to go, I've had some for over 4 years now and no problems. Never had a problem with whisker biscuits and vanes, feathers that's another story! The way you are saying that her's are just popping off, sounds like the glue is wearing out.
I wuz just at da wallmart and got me sum lited nocks and string whiskers they had quick fletches for $10 for 3 udem!! Them seem like they'd work but ill stick with my lil blazers till they fall off good luck **** times tickin

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
yep i'm wunnerin if youz need a special jig or if i can uze the one i uze with luminum or wood...and i plum dint think of the slipz onzs...thoze are some reel goodz planz...:D
Your jig should work fine,what ya got a Bitz?Quick fletchs seem like a rip off. 40$ :yikes:to do a dz arrows with them:confused:

My advice is to spend 3.40$ on ebay an buy her a dozen solid color vinyl wraps(her color choice)..And pick up some 2in Predator Duravane..Cheaper cost and stiffer then blazers,which will hold up better wrinkle wise with the biscuit..Its actually the vane the WB manufacturer recommends you use.For glue I use Loc tite Ultra control gel Super glue(lil goes a long way),its like 3$ a bottle..The vane,glue,wrap combo sticks REAL good....I have been using gateway Rayzr feathers,but still use the wraps an same glue

Wrap supplier and his selection
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hunt_n_stuff/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

Vanes(ya can even mix an match colors in a pack.. 99cent shipping per item)

http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/duravanes-predator-vanes-2-50.html

GLUE
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-Super-Glue-ULTRA-Gel-Control/20470697

12 or 13$ to flecth wrap an glue a dz arrahs..1$ an arrah!!!Ya cant beat that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts