Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I find out about any weekend trail rides or places to just go ride on the weekends. Mud runs or whatever..
I just aquired a Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 and would like to be able to ride somewhere

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
wnf trails near nelsonville...dang i bought 2 4 wheelers new in 2008 ans have hardly rode them...hopefully i can some this year...:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where u live???

I just bought me a grizzly. Dyin to ride trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I've got a XP 550 that is itching to get some use. Not a crazy build on it just some tires and a winch, but what else do you need? Let's go ride!

I used to ride all over WNF back in the day. Looks like all the trails I used to ride are all overgrown. And now you gotta get a $45 season pass? Wear safety gear and some other crap. Who cares if I bust my head open? Natural selection.....

"Common sense is more of a super power these days...."

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
WNF has turned into a money grubbing ticket issuing terrible place. No I haven't gotten a ticket... I have seen many given and heard some down right sad stories.. I watched a African guy walk his drug dog around everyone's camp site... Oh yea did I mention if you are standing around the fire at night with a beer in your hand, ticket... If you have a cooler sitting out side your camper, subject to search if alcohol is in it ticket.. Watch where you pee in the woods there may be an officer watching.. Meaning they will jump out of anywhere and ask for all you info..

I may hunt WNF but I WILL NEVER RIDE THERE AGAIN! NEVER!

Again I have never gotten a ticket there..

Haspen in fun... Brimstone Tenn. is my favorite place..... Black Mt. Harlen KY.... is my second fav. place to ride.. Wind rock, Tenn is my 3rd fav. I haven't made it to Hatfield/Macoy yet...

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
WNF has turned into a money grubbing ticket issuing terrible place. No I haven't gotten a ticket... I have seen many given and heard some down right sad stories.. I watched a African guy walk his drug dog around everyone's camp site... Oh yea did I mention if you are standing around the fire at night with a beer in your hand, ticket... If you have a cooler sitting out side your camper, subject to search if alcohol is in it ticket.. Watch where you pee in the woods there may be an officer watching.. Meaning they will jump out of anywhere and ask for all you info..

I may hunt WNF but I WILL NEVER RIDE THERE AGAIN! NEVER!

Again I have never gotten a ticket there..

Haspen in fun... Brimstone Tenn. is my favorite place..... Black Mt. Harlen KY.... is my second fav. place to ride.. Wind rock, Tenn is my 3rd fav. I haven't made it to Hatfield/Macoy yet...
Thats pretty much the feeling I got from just talking to them on the phone about riding. Can't ride any of the unpopulated areas anymore. Wheres the fun in wondering who's going to be flying around the corner?

What are you riding? If my XP550 can hang and you don't mind, I'm down for it. I've got a 36' enclosed gooseneck with living quarters too, if it's an overnight deal. I don't mind riding all out/all she's got, but I prefer a challenge. If I go out and don't pull the cable, just doesn't seem right. Lol! Alaska may have ruined my riding...

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I am pulling out my Banshee this weekend and I think we are going to Haspen.. It will be the first time I have ridden in 3 years.. The place is IMO super cheesey but it has 2 tracks a drag strip and some trails..

When I say ridden, I mean gone some where we just ride all day.. I ride a quad on trails almost 2 times a week and it is usually a 4x4 for hunting purposes. Or at Wayne for hunting purposes.. We use to ride there several times a year just to ride...

My '88 250R has been out a year ago but I think I am taken the beast out, Lol

alskangiles You are in some of the best country for riding.. I think Ohio has some of the best anywhere and you are in the middle of it.. Yea, Alaska has beautiful country but hell it takes you forever to get to the next hill. LOL Huge country!!

I will post something on here next out of state trip I go on.. I have a feeling Brimstone is in my future.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Alaska was something else... Pull off the road just about anywhere and could be gone for as long as you wished.

87'? Banshee was my first bike... Man was that a hard bike to learn on, lol. Got and old Yamaha 400 dirt bike in the same deal. I was 13 and couldn't kick it hard enough to even start it. lol!

Here's my bike now....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts