close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Week #2- UCF Knights!

Discussion in 'Ohio Buckeyes' started by Deehntr56, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

UCF has a quality program and the team is looking to break into the polls after a solid Week 1 win over Akron. The Knights have been getting a few votes in each poll, but a win over OSU could put them close to the Top 25.

UCF is a physical team compared to the previous game against Miami. Their bigger and stronger and UCF is going to run the power directly at you and get their first downs.

Their senior running back did not get a lot of playing time in the big win over Akron, but he was a big reason for the victory. Murray finished the game with 108 yards on only 14 carries, including a 43-yard run. He added a two-yard touchdown in the second quarter. He has a very large frame and it will be difficult for the Buckeyes to take him down on the first try.

Braxton Miller showed as a freshman last season that he had potential, but the quarterback looks like he may truly breakout this year.

Against Miami, the Ohio native threw for 207 yards and rushed for a school-record 161 yards. He also totaled three touchdowns in the opening day win. Although Miller must continue to improve his accuracy, and continue to get better with each game as the year progresses-the potential is there to really make this year special.

Blake Bortles vs. Ohio State Secondary

Central Florida's Blake Bortles did not need to pass too often, but he was very efficient with the football. He completed 13 of his 16 passes for 168 yards and three touchdowns. The Knights need another controlled game from their leader to have a chance at the upset. The OSU secondary did not impress last week and we’ll have to see if there is improvement this week in this area.

MY take- I’ll go with Da' Buckeyes 30-17:bouncy:

UCF has the talent to win a lot of games this season, but the team will simply be overmatched going on the road against Ohio State. If OSU is sloppy, this could get away from them-time will tell!

GO BUCKS!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  2. They had the OSU game here on ESPN. Most of the time I don't get to see them so this was a treat for me. The bucks looked pretty good but not great. UCF is a team coming off some NCAA problems, don't know what the problem was and don't care. I do know they have something to prove and winning in the Shoe would have made their year. They were loaded for bear, they were ready to play. OSU played good for a team with a new coach and system. I thought the Bucks defense would play better than they did and would sack the crap out of them. It didn't happen as UCF's offensive line played much better than I thought they would. This was a good win for the Bucks and is something to build on.

RGJZ06

3. osu is lucky the defense dint break...they bent a lot...i just doan think that team shoulda been in the game...another thing...miller...it seems hes either running or passing...i do like it that urby lets him heave the ball...but cmon...he needs to flip that ball to the back sometimes...the d better strengthen up some when they start playing the real college teams...its gonna be telling here soon what theyre really made of...maybe they can get by with these next 2 home games and be playing good enough for the big boys away...man that schedule is very good to them...:D

4. [​IMG]

My oldest at her first Buckeye game! A very nice afternoon of football and family. :bouncy:

She took your seat 56, I'm sure you understand.....

5. I am a huge Buckeye fan but I have to admit, I get kind of bored watching Braxton Miller run ALL the time. Lets spread the ball around. That is just my opinion.

6. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

Maybe I was watching the wrong game?
    Miller ran 27 times, some of those he was flushed out of the pocket
    Miller passed 25 times
    Miller handed off 24 times

7. sorry meant the option he needs to pitch sometimes instead of always keeping...a hurt qb aint no good to us right now,,,rex kern was the best option qb i think i ever watched for osu...:biggrin:

8. Ask OJ about Rex Kern.

RGJZ06

9. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

FULLY understand GM- The other good news, is that she is a Buckeye!!!:D

Good game overall. I was off by a point in my score.:biggrin: I think people would be complaining if Braxton didn't run like we were complaining about Denard last week. Meyer hasn't won 2 National Championships being unaware of his talent of his players. Braxton has a couple of god given gifts and he threw the ball well and ran it as needed. With Carlos Hyde being injured, I am sure that contributed to him running more then planned.

Braxton was 18-24 for 155 yards passing yesterday, had 144 yards rushing and scored 4 touchdowns. I think he could have scored more. When Hyde went down the backups (Dunn, Smith and Boren tried running and had 10 attempts for 32 yards. Miller ran for 81 yards.

Thru the 1st 2 games Miller has 362 yards passing and 302 yards rushing with 7 td's. How Big is that? Pryor in his 1st 2 games had 351 yards passing, 66 yards rushing and 2 td's.

My concern after 2 games is the lack of our DL to get many sacks(3) and the lack of pressure. Simon has been more quiet then I have expected and the opponents are keying on him with no one else really making noise. Hankins played well and so did Washington, but I would like to see more chaos created from the front line . Schutt started this week and with Washington, Spence and others being new, I think there are some growing pains. Several of them have said they really don't know what to do in some situations-but as they learn, you can see the talent there will begin to pay off. With Bennett and Williams out with injuries as well, there is some flux there.

Glad to see Orian Johnson play more in the nickel. He had a nice game.

GO BUCKS!