Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this wonderful sight as I was researching Wayne Natl Forest, I hope an "out of towner" is welcome here. My wife has family in Columbus and Circleville, her grandfather wants me to travel up this November for a bow hunt @ Wayne with the in laws. My questions are: Is this a good public spot? Is it over run with hunters, if so are certain areas (specific roads etc) less populated than others? I've hunted Ft. Campbell Ky for 16 yrs which is prime public land in my home area, it's got crops, hills, hollers, thickets I can hold my own so to speak on public land I'm just looking for a little direction, I've never been to Ohio much less hunted it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I stumbled across this wonderful sight as I was researching Wayne Natl Forest, I hope an "out of towner" is welcome here. My wife has family in Columbus and Circleville, her grandfather wants me to travel up this November for a bow hunt @ Wayne with the in laws. My questions are: Is this a good public spot? Is it over run with hunters, if so are certain areas (specific roads etc) less populated than others? I've hunted Ft. Campbell Ky for 16 yrs which is prime public land in my home area, it's got crops, hills, hollers, thickets I can hold my own so to speak on public land I'm just looking for a little direction, I've never been to Ohio much less hunted it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the site. Your post should get you many replies later today. Enjoy hunting in the WNF with the Inlaws.

:Welcome:

RGJZ06

·
5,040 Posts
Welcome, you should get a response from the coonskinner before long.......I think he lives under a rock in the Wayne :yikes:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Bow season most of the time you will not any one. A lot of the hot spots there is keep under hat. Best thing to do is get some topo maps and do some back roads driving.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only map I've got as of now is iPhone/ IPad. I read that Wayne was in Ironton but my map refers to that as Dean State Forest.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm planning on riding up in August and staying a weekend just to scout around. Ft. Campbell is good but it's like anything else if you don't know where to go you may hate it. If anybody takes a notion to hunt Ft. Campbell I can help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts