Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 460 Smith that I just purchased has a Weaver type Base integrated
Into it's frame and only requires rings to mount a scope. Most of the time I just use Leupold rings. I've looked at the Warne on line and read how they are made.

If you use these rings or know someone that does, please let me know how you like them.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have the QR series on my muzzleloader and on an AR. No problems what so ever. Quality product.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the QR series on my muzzleloader and on an AR. No problems what so ever. Quality product.
Are your rings silver? Warne's web site says they use powder coating on the black rings and electroles nickel on the silver. I wonder if the silver rings will turn colors as they age.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the R.A.M.P model on my RRA ATH. Leupold VX-R 4x12x40 for a scope and FastFire II on the right rail for in close stuff. Haven't killed anything with this setup but I think a KamaKaze Coyote won't make it in to close. Great quality stuff but a lil pricey..

http://warnescopemounts.com/product/r-a-m-p-mount/
Sounds like a nice setup. The Warne's are a little more but built like a tank. I'll pick up a 30mm set for my muzzy if these look good.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

RGJZ06

1 - 6 of 6 Posts