Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be gun hunting Vinton County this fall close to Mcarthur.can anyone tell me what the hunting is like in that area.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ridges, valleys, fields, woods and just like every where else deer are there u just gota findem good luck ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
deer hunting has not been what the surrounding counties are in vinton...or is it up to the rep. of se ohio hill country...as long as i can remember its been this way...many years ago a gw once tole me it was due to very high poaching...but i dont think the sky is caving in ...some nice bucks continue to come from there...:biggrin:

·
Banned
955 Posts
I will be gun hunting Vinton County this fall close to Mcarthur.can anyone tell me what the hunting is like in that area.
Thanks
Woods, woods and more woods. Not too much open ground. Some of the areas are quite steep. During gun season find escape routes to thick cover/santuaries. Hope you have guys moving around you as the deer have endless possibilties to hide and wait until dark. It's amazing how my deer sightings from bow season to gun season drop drastically. Those deer hear the gun shots and they sit tight like a rabbit until dark.

Usually the thickets areas, at least around me, are the creek bottoms. When the deer get pressured they dive into those thickets. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts