Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new gun safe because the guns I have seemed to be breeding, and I no longer had room for the new ones.

I am debating whether to sell my old safe or keep it for ammo.

I bought it about 6 years ago. It is a sentry 14 gun fireproof safe. It is pretty heavy duty. It seems sturdier then the newer safes sentry is coming out with. It weighs about 400+ lbs. It would be a perfect starter safe for someone wanting to protect their collection.

I am wondering what the average price is for a used safe like this in excellent condition. I know the new sentry 14 gun safes I've seen are going for around $700.

I have looked on line for used pricing guides, or similar safes on e-bay or craigs list, but haven't found much useful information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately keep it and fill it up with more guns!
I've thought about that too, but the new safe I got is a 42+ gun safe, so I should be set for awhile. I ended up spending more then I had planned, and in order to justify it with the wife, she said I needed to sell the old one to make up the difference.

I ended up getting a Champion safe Triumph series t-40, at the expo. The offered free standard shipping, and when I asked how much they would charge to "deliver" the 1100 lb safe to my basement, they said only $50 more. I should get it in a week or two. I liked how it had an outlet built into the safe for a dehumidifier. It also had a light kit pre-installed. The fire rating was 1650 for 90 minutes. It was quite a bit more safe then I initially had planned for, but I figured it should last me for at least a couple years.:whistle:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just left the beer in turkey in ohio
They have a 27 gun safe.. Forget the bloody manufacture but it was definitely a name brand... 699 delivered. So figure you used price from there

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
22,887 Posts
I recently purchased a new gun safe because the guns I have seemed to be breeding, and I no longer had room for the new ones.

I am debating whether to sell my old safe or keep it for ammo.

I bought it about 6 years ago. It is a sentry 14 gun fireproof safe. It is pretty heavy duty. It seems sturdier then the newer safes sentry is coming out with. It weighs about 400+ lbs. It would be a perfect starter safe for someone wanting to protect their collection.

I am wondering what the average price is for a used safe like this in excellent condition. I know the new sentry 14 gun safes I've seen are going for around $700.

I have looked on line for used pricing guides, or similar safes on e-bay or craigs list, but haven't found much useful information.

Thanks in advance for any help.
What did you pay for it?

·
22,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was wondering with metal prices higher, if the value may be higher as well. I know the newer flimsier Sentry safes are much more expensive then the older model

·
22,887 Posts
Thta price is not unrealistic, since getting it to the buyers hew home may be an issue as well, which needs to be considered.

We just Bought a 20 gun safe for the club- since we needed some storage and got it for $699.99 delivered.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
If it was me selling it I'd be happy to get $300 out of it IF they come haul it away AND my house isn't damaged in the process :)
i think this is very reasonable...i'd figure at least half price of new,and thats a bargain...heck man...its a safe...it has to be as good as a new one at the same type...i mean what can go wrong with it...if the lock works...why buy a new one...save a ton of money...it should sell in a heart beat...on another note...i'm very happy to see so many are buying safes and keeping their guns locked up...its the best thing i ever did...:D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Depending on where you are, I'd give ya 300 for it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I appreciate the offer. I actually had a co-worker today that said her husband wants to see it, and may be willing to give me $450 for it.

If he decides not to take it, I'll keep you in mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.