Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be participating in several different urban hunting programs this year for the first time. I went to the first meeting the other night, (Gahanna) and was warned about people who objected to the urban hunting. Saying that they may/will confront you, or yell, or make a big rucuss to spook the deer away. I was kind of put off by this, but i respect that there are people that dont have the same views we do.

Has anybody who participates in urban hunts come across situations like this, or are they just blowing smoke just to warn us?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
man that would be a put off for me too, that sucks cause what a great experience it can be to help the community, and get some good meat.

I would just give it a shot, and hope for the best man. For me I think itd be hard to keep a level head tho, so I probably woudnt put my self in a bad situation, but if you can keep your temper give it a shot. haha

I just dont know how I feel with them getting in my face, scaring deer is noe thing, that would kinda worry me.

I hope it works out for you tho man.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
There are laws on the books regarding hunter harrassment.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
207 Posts
Keep your nose clean and stick to the rules.

I would suggest parking somewhere pulic (like a park or something) and not right off the side of the road or next to the woods. If someone really is anti-urban-hunting, they'll harrass you when you're entering or exiting the woods. If you get in and get up a tree, chances are they're never gonna see you sitting 10ft + in the air.

As stated previously, keep your temper, that's the best thing you can do.

~BHIO

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, i will always keep my cool. They police cheif said last year or the year before they had an older lady drive her van into a field/park area to scare the deer during the urban hunters last day of hunting on the final push.
I'm not gonna get angry about anything, i just think its kind of humorous.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Yeap, keep your cool and report the incident.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have hunted the past 8 years in urban Cuyahoga Co and no one has harrassed us for hunting. the only problems we have had are with people illegally riding 4 wheelers and some clown tha lives adjacent to the property asking us if we had permission and stealing my brother in laws deer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I get this a lot where I hunt because it is adjacent to a metropark. The same people will drive by every night and lay on their car horn. The funny thing is last year I shot a deer that ran away from the road where the car was honking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts