Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going after him this morning took the day off yesterday had grass cutting etc.
You get tired waking up at 5 am every morning. Pa comes in Saturday never had too much luck first day,lots of people hunting might hit it next week.
Good Luck hunters going out this morning

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very quiet at daybreak 2 distant gobbles, 1 came in never said a word caught me moving he is gone:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Who sleeps in until 5am?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I always thought I would turkey hunt more when I retired. Now that I am I find I just don't enjoy the early alarm wake up. My closest spot to hunt is a 45 minute drive. Even deer hunting now I find the early mornings have lost their draw. I tend to do midday to dark deer hunts nowadays. Hate to say it but part if it is just being lazy. Part of it is I just don't feel great first thing in the mornings, a leftover side effect from chemo I think. Yesterday I hunted from 9 till noon. Nice to be in the woods without the early wakeup.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I’m not gonna lie, two weeks of 4am wake ups between Ohio and WV is taking its toll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got that right! 3-4am between Michigan and Ohio has me wanting to turn off the alarms everyday 😂 especially on rainy days like today. Being on birds everyday keeps me going though!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You got that right! 3-4am between Michigan and Ohio has me wanting to turn off the alarms everyday especially on rainy days like today. Being on birds everyday keeps me going though!

I was gonna sleep in this morning but then Mr Gobbler has to make an appearance right before fly up next to my blind...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you are going thru decided not going out this morning rain in forecast 6:00 am opening back window listening for gobbling :rolleyes: I always want to be out there Hunting. Good Luck on that nice bird ,looking for a tactacam reveal cell camera cannot find one anywhere ??? they take the best pictures. Keep us posted on your hunt today

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Out here this morning not a gobble quiet here in Berlin Center. Seen 2 hens

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the woods enjoying the nice morning no gobbling heard seen a red fox

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I'm enjoying this thread. Sunday I got up at 4am to hunt and I also can walk out my backdoor to hunt. LOL It's what I need to do though if I want to take care of the dogs and eat some breakfast. Monday in the rain I left the house at 8:20am and shot a bird at 9:49am. I'm not sure if I have shot a mid-morning bird that quick before (from leaving the house to shooting). 😁

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats bluedog sometimes it happens so quickly still a enjoyable hunt. U
Been getting up earlier than usual driving to pa to hunt ,heard a few distant gobbles today.
Still trying,

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Just spent 3 nights in PA, hunted 2 days. 4am wake ups sleeping on a cot. Probably doesn’t help we drank till midnight around the campfire every night.

My body really hates me right now, time to crush a bunch of water and get back to it in the AM here in Ohio!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck in the morning we are heading to pa time to get to sleep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts