Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,493 Posts
This guy needs to be out of office as soon as possible. His own party is apparently putting him on the same level as Lenin or Stalin. This is something I would expect to see in Russia or Iran, but not here in the USA.

I've read elsewhere that the worker at the democratic office initially told the veterans to leave or she would call the police on them, when all they were doing was pointing out how disrespectful the flag was. Only after returning and pointing out the flag code was it reluctantly taken down.

http://now.msn.com/now/0314-obama-mug-on-flag.aspx

Florida veterans call Obama flag 'a disgrace'

Lake County, Fla., veterans don't cotton to any tampering with Old Glory. Anyone who dares remove the stars from the flag does so at their own peril - in this case, the Lake County Democratic Party, which decided to hoist a flag with President Obama's image in place of the traditional stars over their headquarters..................

· Banned
487 Posts
Is this acceptable?

How about this? Some of the Stripes are missing..Does that count?

"Anyone who dares remove the stars from the flag does so at their own peril - in this case, the Lake County Democratic Party, which decided to hoist a flag with President." Whoever made this statement is probably
gonna get a visit?<<<

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And which republican headquarters was that flown over? Was it even made into a flag? Looks to me it is just some individual's photoshop job.
Also, the entire flag is still present. They didn't remove the stars representing the states and replace them with a person.

Look at the context also. This flag (if you want to call it that) you posted gives respect to "Old Glory" and the 9-11 victims, not Bush. The message is, that you can't keep the flag or our nation down.

What context or message is displayed by the Obama flag? Who is it trying to draw praise to?

· Registered
1,493 Posts
How about this? Some of the Stripes are missing..Does that count?

"Anyone who dares remove the stars from the flag does so at their own peril
- in this case, the Lake County Democratic Party, which decided to hoist a flag with President." Whoever made this statement is probably
gonna get a visit?<<<

Well it might, IF IT WERE A FLAG, instead of a photo shopped PICTURE.

That you're comparing the two in trying to justify it is what is truly absurd.

How is an image that some random person created in any way similar to a political party flying the altered symbol of our nation with their leaders picture on it?

I'd say you shouldn't compare apples to oranges, but that is like comparing apples to dirt.

Obama could kill and eat a baby tomorrow, and you would still be on here trying to justify his actions, or the actions of the democrats, wouldn't you?

· Banned
624 Posts
The U.S. Flag Code does not apply as this was not an American flag. It was a flag with similar stripes and was flown BELOW the real American flag as is expected.

It's also protected by the 1st Amendment as the Supreme Court has previously ruled.

And do you really find blame with President Obama because .....someone in Florida... bought and flew a flag that someone else didn't like? Should we also blame the President if someone burns a flag? Should we also blame him if our college pick doesn't make it to the Final Four?

· Registered
7,575 Posts
GET A LIFE - DANG KIDZ :whistle::mischeif: - the stars and strips have been on everything from bathing suits ta hats ta jackes - where were u bitchers when this stuff came out - :confused:

· Banned
487 Posts
Which came 1st the chicken or...

And which republican headquarters was that flown over? Was it even made into a flag? Looks to me it is just some individual's photoshop job.
Also, the entire flag is still present. They didn't remove the stars representing the states and replace them with a person.
I guess one was done in 2001 and another in 2012 ..

*Still its done in very poor taste. But President Obama didn't do it!
Blame the flag maker, or the headquarters..

* Desecration of the flag is considered a public outrage, and remains protected as a freedom of speech.

And remember...4 more years...4 more years...4 more years...

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The U.S. Flag Code does not apply as this was not an American flag. It was a flag with similar stripes and was flown BELOW the real American flag as is expected.

It's also protected by the 1st Amendment as the Supreme Court has previously ruled.

And do you really find blame with President Obama because .....someone in Florida... bought and flew a flag that someone else didn't like? Should we also blame the President if someone burns a flag? Should we also blame him if our college pick doesn't make it to the Final Four?
Someone like the office of his own political party?

You can bet that those veterans would have done the exact same thing if a flag with Bush's picture had been flown at a republican headquarters. I would have been right along side them demanding it be taken down. If needed, I would have taken a Bush flag down myself.

There are some things that go beyond Democrat and Republican and are just plain wrong. There is no justification for putting an image of a person in this context on the symbol of our nation and flying it at an office of your political party.

It's a true pity that you two can't even admit that, and still try and defend it.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess one was done in 2001 and another in 2012 ..

*Still its done in very poor taste. But President Obama didn't do it!
Blame the flag maker, or the headquarters..

* Desecration of the flag is considered a public outrage, and remains protected as a freedom of speech.

And remember...4 more years...4 more years...4 more years...
What was done? A flag or a photo shopped image?

Did I say Obama did it? Who should have the blame then? The Democrats?

4 more years of what? H E L L, if Obama gets relected? No need to remind us of that. It's common knowledge.

· Banned
624 Posts
The flag with the Obama image could be considered an advertisement for him and as such:

Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown." (Flag Code, Section 8i)

But please don't go all John Wayne on us... the American flag is just a symbol. It's just colored cloth which represents lots of things to lots of people.

"The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing." Section 8j

This part of the flag code is absurd. I've got one (a living thing = flag) that's as old as I am (over 18)... should I register it to vote?

Who in their right mind would equate a symbol with a "living thing"? Would that same person be prone to violence against a fellow American for a perceived slight against a piece of cloth?

BTW: the U.S. Flag Code carries no punishment for ignoring it and there is no enforcement of it's suggestions. The code represents suggested etiquette only.

· Registered
3,527 Posts
Even Stevie Wonder could see that the American Flag is flying above the one the complaining is going on about.
sure looks to me that GW was just as guilty as what some are now complaining about!
I won't even go into how he used firefighters to promote himself after 9-11.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.