Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your opinion on Ugly Stick light rod's? I do mostly pier fishing, salt water, here in Mobile for red drum, spec's, flounder, blue fish, sheephead also every once in a while some shark and what ever else decides to hit my line. I have them mated to 5500c3 and 6500cl3 reel. The rod's are 6'6 med action . How are they for the money. I just bought all this trying to take my salt water pier fishing more serious. I have been a bass fisherman for years. I used mostly team daiwa for that. I wanted something a little more stronger and versitile(sp?) for the pier but also I could use fresh water if needed. What do you think about my set up and the rod quality?

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
i don't know sounds good ...i used a 5600 ambass. for yrs. on a 6' bass rod and pier fished out o galv.also done some wading,took sharks,stingrays ,specks and whatever ended up on the end of the line...hammerheads are a weird lookin feesh...also went out on charters in the gulf after snapper,king macks and shark ,lins jacks,boneeto ,barracuda or whatever ended up on the line...jewfish onr time big as a voltswagen beetle...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've heard good things about the Ugly Stick Lites. Never used one, but I've seen them in person and thought they were nice. Almost bought one myself, and probably will eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the reply took long enough:rolleyes: Went fishing this weekend and de-virginized my 6500, cought a nice flounder but other than that the fishing sucked. It should pick up in the next three weeks, cant wait. One guy at the other end of the pier did catch a 40-45lbs black drum, needless to say, that was the highlight of the day. The reels casted great and the rods felt pretty nice. I am happy they will serve there purpose.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts