Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seen the twinstrike from Excalibur?

my initial thought was, Why!?! Then I thought about follow up shots and it seemed really favorable. Then I seen the price tag and lost all interest. Finally I thought about legality. What did y'all think?
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/crossbows/twinstrike/

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Twinstrike is probably the closest thing we'll see to a semi-automatic crossbow for a long time. I think it has some advantages, but it is kind of a gimmick.

I'm certain that we'll see a semi-automatic crossbow within the next 5 years; and much like the Crosman Airbow, it will never be legal in most hunting areas; relegating it to a novelty item.

From a price standpoint, I feel like crossbows in general are already getting out of hand. But I also know there's a lot of research and development that goes into these really fast crossbows. I bought a Ravin R26 this past season and I can't see spending more than that for any other crossbow.

The market for $2,000+ crossbows is small and the market for price points above that is microscopic.

·
Registered
665 Posts
In my opinion it will encourage people to take those marginal shot because they have a follow up shot. It’s not a gun and should not be treated or thought of as one. Again my opinion

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
It might be the ugliest thing I’ve ever laid eyes on but if someone wants to buy it and hunt with it good for them. I’ve never cared for anything Excalibur has made. But to each their own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts