Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have been hunting turkeys for 5 years now and getting experienced with them but this year they are out smarting me. Had one yesterday gobbling off the roost set up close to it once he hit the ground he shut up. Heard a hen on the other side of the road going crazy sure enough he headed over there. The same thing happened Friday even though i jumped one off the roost Friday. I am going to get this bird I hope! Hows everyone else doing???

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Certainly was outsmarted today. LOL! But I had a lot of fun. I was sitting on the edge of a field around 2:30pm. Some hens and a gobbler went into the woods a little ways down from me. I turned sideways so I could watch the field and the inside of the woods. Well the hens walked through the woods and parked themselves about 20 yards away from me. They stood there for about the next 20-30 minutes preening and drying off (it had just rained). The gobbler strutted back and forth just out of gun range (I just caught glimpses of him now and then). When the hens finally went on the move they walked back to the field and followed a path that took them 10 yards away from me. I had the gun up and ready but do you think the gobbler would follow those two hens into the field? Oh no, he went back into the woods where a third hen had gone earlier. Meanwhile the two hens fed in the field in front of me, in gun range, for about 30 minutes. The gobbler never returned. Phooey!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Idk but its been a tough season so far for me not hearing very many

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been hearing quite of few around the rockbridge area looking for a big tom this weekend!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
That's where ill be can I hunt with u LOL ill call u in a bird first

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I wish got permission from a guy that only lets me and my uncle hunt maybe we will hear each other shoot tho lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts