Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Yessir. Your gun cannot hold more than three shells.
It's the number 1 offense during deer gun season.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
There is no shell limit on TURKEY hunting look at wildohio.com

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
There is no shell limit on TURKEY hunting look at wildohio.com

Interesting. I always thought you had to plug, well assumed-and you know what that leads to.
Sorry for the bad info.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
CleChevy said:
i just leave the plug in, no need for more than 3 shells anyways at least hopefully not haha
If it were just the issue of hunting turkeys, I'd say you're correct, but if you see a coyote...well, there's no such thing as too much ammo.

I can restrict myself from shooting too many shells, but I don't like being restricted to how many shells my gun can hold. :irked: The law is the law and that's the way it has to be...for certain game and seasons. :) However, if there are no restrictions, I will be carrying a full magazine of ammo. :cool:

Bowhunter57

·
Registered
577 Posts
What cracks me up is I know this and every year I still have to look it up... to many regs floating around in the old noggin!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
No limit on shells for sure. Running Mr. Coyote is going down. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I definitely agree with you on wanting a full magazine for coyotes, I just don't see many coyotes if any at all in my woods, but I can understand wanting to blow those suckers into the afterlife

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
CleChevy said:
I just don't see many coyotes if any at all in my woods, but I can understand wanting to blow those suckers into the afterlife
CleChevy,
Welcome to Ohio Sportsman! :Welcome:

Consider yourself lucky, brother, they're all over this section of the state. I ran into 2 of them on the opening day of turkey season. A buddy of mine that hunts just west of my section, says that the deer run around like they're on a horse track with coyotes chasing them. :irked:

Bowhunter57

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks, we used to have one or two in our woods but we only have maybe 10-12 acres of woods so the habitat really isn't there for them. I would not mind a few coming back just so I can pop one. Really want to have a coyote mount in the man cave.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
[

I can restrict myself from shooting too many shells, but I don't like being restricted to how many shells my gun can hold. :irked: The law is the law and that's the way it has to be...for certain game and seasons.

Bowhunter57[/QUOTE]

Actually another state law kicks in on how many shells your gun can hold.
In Ohio a gun holding 31 or more shells, is classified the same as a full auto.
so dont be filling a drum magazine for an ak or ar. If you have 30 cartridges in the magazine, your ok, 31 is a problem in a semi auto.

as for 22LR's, I would have to go back and read it again. its in the Ohio revised code, not the hunting regulation book.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts