Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got set up early this morning and heard a gobble right off the bat. Did a little calling but he shut right up had a few hens come through then around 8 we heard him again a ways down the ridge working his way up the other side of the valley we ran around and set up on a path coming out of the valley and we had no more than sat down and he gobbled and walked out 30 yards from us a load of #5 dropped him on the spot. It was a pretty good morning

1" spurs 11" beard 21-1/2 pounds

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
5,040 Posts
WOOHOO way to go Team 8!!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Congratulations! Don't you just love how quickly things happen when they happen? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a rough week hunted every morning and evening and just had bad luck but it all came together today and.it feels.great.

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is what he looks like now.....delicious turkey breast steaks on the grill

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
I like to try and roost them in the evenings so I have an idea where to set up in the mornings. My property is 130 acres woods and 40 acres field and the fields are all full of livestock I never see turkeys there if I don't try and find them in the evenings it is pretty hard to get on them in the morning

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like to try and roost them in the evenings so I have an idea where to set up in the mornings. My property is 130 acres woods and 40 acres field and the fields are all full of livestock I never see turkeys there if I don't try and find them in the evenings it is pretty hard to get on them in the morning

I see. Just wondering :whistle: :p

Nice bird!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts