Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
When I got to the river, it was quite fishable, but in the dim morning light appeared pretty well stained. I set up at a favorite run and got into a few quickly. But, the brighter the sky got, the darker the water became. I landed 3 by 9am and hit a lull. I started bouncing back and forth between a few spots and at about noon, landed 2 more bucks. I stayed for a few more hours, but couldn't get any more takers.

Fishing in the darkening water was exactly what it's supposed to be, no place for the pastels I usually like. I caught fish on red, black and purple...

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Nah, that was just my cell phone. I'd sent a text pic to my brother of the first fish and his reply was something like "are you sure that's not the same pic as last week?" So I tried to do something different. I thought the fish was ready to be beached, but when I turned the video on, he stopped cooperating..

·
22,520 Posts
Once again-nice fish GM!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I got lucky with the weather this weekend. I could fish Saturday or Sunday, but not both. The water was darker than I would've preferred, but already falling by the time I left Saturday. I spent most of the day today avoiding the gauges thinking that it probably fell to near perfect overnight. When I finally peeked, it turns out more rain fell overnight and everything blew out. The seasonal weather in the forecast and the rain should bring up and hold some more fish. I'll be out there again somewhere next weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Cool shot, I would never be brave enough to get my cell phone out that close to the water! :yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts