Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 treestands that are the same. They are 14 feet when they are up. Dose anyone know if it's safe to put one of the 4' ladder sections from the one on the other one making it 18' when it's up?
Thanks, Butch

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I dont think it would,as long as you get it up straight,stable an solid...Maybe some others can give ya more SOLID insight....Thats kinda a good idea:idea:if its safe....

Disclaimer:Always follow TMA standards an tree stand manufacture recommendations:whistle:..I am just SOME GUY on the internet :biggrin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
we have bought extensions and added them to stands before, you may have to move your support bar. just have someone else test it out for you first!..just kidding and always wear a harness

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
does the company sell 4' extentions...if you dont know i would contact the company...lengthening weakens the ladder...the main runners may not be thick enough to support that height...also less angle strengthens the ladder...:D:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
All the extensions I have bought come with a support, I use one on a ladder stand and on my buddy stand, both have been up for over 5 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts