Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone could give me an idea for a good light wieght climbing tree stand I have a spot I hunt on state land and have had good luck there but it's really thick till the leaves drop and it's about a 3 mile hike so want to try to bow hunt it a little this year

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
dang 3 miles,you walking in circles:D...anything under 20#shouldnt be a problem...i guess its according to how much junk you hang on it as i do...quivers/clothing etc...and i can go a long way and up and down some very big hills...and sometimes mine is prolly over 20#...with the junk...:biggrin:
when i was in the mountains of colorado i had a pack over 70#...and climbed up the mountain that was much tougher than any public land i've ever been on in ohio...the main thang is be in shape...and youll have no problem with any climber...i'd be more concerned how it fits on my back and interfers with brush and branches walking in thicker stuff...high riders make a ton of noise hitting every thing over your shoulders...i'd also pick comfort over weight...at my age if the stand aint super comfy like my overstuffed chair at home then i ache and get sore or cramps and have to reposition my body equalling a lot of movement...i tried every stand out there for comfort before i bought...most stands are very equal in climbing and sturdiness and safety...especially the top tier companys...i feel theyre all very equal...but sometimes when it comes to being the lightest its a somethang elses expense and i found that to be comfort...and that very important for me...safety in most cases is up to the user...:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Look at the thread about stands on public land, pretty good info there.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
You gonna drag/cart deer 3 miles? Dang...you should be in London right now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have gotten bucks out of there the last 5 years the smallest was 138 and it's not a bad walk just got a lot of water to walk around so if I have to do a little work so be it rather hunt where no one goes then have someone mess my day up for me

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lone Wolf Alpha. lightweight, slim profile on your back, quiet while carrying, quiet while climbing.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Definitely look into the Lone Wolf stands. The hand climber they have is small and light. A few other companies make hand climbers as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use a tree walker climber and love it. Quick to climb, quiet, light and comfortable. Can get a bit bulky depending upon which model, but you can easily sit all day.
Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts