Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost 2 climbers last year do to my own stupidity, so I have picked up a new used one one. It is just a cheap Dicks model. I got it off of craigs list for 90 bucks, so it didn't bust the bank.

This thing is loud! Clip pins are loud you name it it is loud.. What if anything do you do to quit them down?

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to use shrink tube but ended up using a can of spray on bed liner on everything that might rattle. It is drying now. We will see in the morning. I plan on adding a little gray paint to the stand to help it blend in with the trees. The stand is green now it has a little black on it..

The Comfort Zone stand uses the loud scratchy cover over the seats so I am going to cut an old fleece that I will sew.

I didn't know if anyone else does anything else that I didn't know about.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The undercoating spray just didn't last long on my stand so I used black tape

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I used was the under coating with sound damping crap... All in a can.LOL

I just cheacked it and it has quieted the every part of the stand. Now I have to add the fleece to the seat and it will be good to go..
I also will let it sit out until it is time to use, to get rid of any scent..

Turkeybuster I hope the stuff last a while. My biggest concern is the smell wearing out..

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
What I used was the under coating with sound damping crap... All in a can.LOL

I just cheacked it and it has quieted the every part of the stand. Now I have to add the fleece to the seat and it will be good to go..
I also will let it sit out until it is time to use, to get rid of any scent..

Turkeybuster I hope the stuff last a while. My biggest concern is the smell wearing out..
That's what I used rustoleum undercoating in a can I was like $3 something a can I'm thinking of buying a climber from a guy at feed store I don't know Wht brand it is bit its not been used much and he only wants $40 for it but it doesn't have the carry straps on it

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can get camo straps at walmart for cheap.. I got some for a backpack blower...

The stuff I used is Dupli-Color professional undercoat with sound eliminator... 6 0r 7 bucks a can...

I plan on doing the spray foam.. that is what I am adding to it today..

To me noise is the biggest thing to me..

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
You can get camo straps at walmart for cheap.. I got some for a backpack blower...

The stuff I used is Dupli-Color professional undercoat with sound eliminator... 6 0r 7 bucks a can...

I plan on doing the spray foam.. that is what I am adding to it today..

To me noise is the biggest thing to me..
leave that sucker outside in the air to air out that smell...:biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts