close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trapping.

Discussion in 'Ohio Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by dm32, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Who all on here traps and in what counties?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. I trap in scioto, lawrence and jackson counties.

[​IMG]
    ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1346794368.878110.jpg

3. Looking to start my first season this year. I will most likely be in Miami County.

4. Central Ohio

I trap mainly in Franklin co. but do have a small line in Fairfield Co. as well

5. I started trapping last year. I plan on hitting it a little harder this year. Washington and Meigs counties.

6. I do in stark & carroll counties

7. im in sandusky and ottawa

8. Hocking County,I'm ready to run some lines!

Ted Nugent for President!

9. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

You guys need to post some of your pictures running your trapline- if would be good to see them!!!

10. Anyone trap in Noble or would want to meet up and help me trap my farm for yotes? I trap coons fine, but I have 0 experience with yotes, and Ill take advice on coons too haha.

11. Here are a couple pictures from '81-'82ish, back in the day when furs brought premium prices. The best years income was probably around $1200 in our pocket
    which correlated to around $1500 in gas money out of my parents pocket from driving their Chevy Suburban around the county checking traps. :whistle: :yikes:Thanks Ma & Pa! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My latest stint in trapping was last year. I was seeing a blond coon and decided that I would like to catch him. After purchasing a couple live box traps I tried to catch him. I caught every other coon in the area, but never him. My grandson was a big help and enjoyed seeing the coons in the traps. Of course, we let them go. I didn't have it in me to shoot them and my grandson was only four at the time.
    I may let someone come out and trap some of them later in season...? Enjoy! Hopefully this will get the pictures rolling in...

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  12. Mercer and Auglaize counties for me.

13. I trap 'rats, 'coon, fox, and coyote,(also skunik and 'possum when they get into my canine sets), in Lucas County.

14. I am in portage. Mostly go after coon and a little beaver. I just started about two years ago so any advice would be helpfully. Thanks

Get em boy's

15. Warren, butler, preble, Montgomery
    Coon, fox, coyote, in that order. Good luck everyone

16. Fairfield County

Coon, Mink, Rats, occasional Yote, and a few beaver when I find some

Russ

17. Preble, Montgomery. Butler, Hamilton, Hocking, Clark, Greene.... Pretty much everything SW Ohio has seen me one time or another...