close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Training a shed puppy video

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by dstreet, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Hey guys I trained my Lab to find sheds and we just got another puppy a week and a half ago. If you ever thought about training your dog to find sheds, I plan on making videos of the whole process. This is the first video of our puppy's first 10 days.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  2. thanks for posting! got a couple of aussie dogs retrieving yard sheds at the moment. your video was cool to watch. im pretty excited about this coming shed season with the dogs. good luck to you aand your pups

3. Thanks man! I started making part II of the video series yesterday. He's coming along pretty good. I'll probably post it in a week or 2 depending on his progress.

4. dstreet, After shed training, will the dog hunt birds OK?

Enjoyed the vid. Thanks.

5. I'm not sure. I've only used Blake for shed hunting since technically he's my wife's dog (except shed season he is 100% mine:thumbs_up:) and she doesn't want me hunting with him. This puppy is mine, so I plan on trying to get him to duck hunt too. I've heard that its hard to get them to find sheds once they've had a taste of bird hunting because the birds are way more fun for them. I'm sure every dog is different though, and you can't assume anything until you try it.