Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wandering what you guys are using and how you like them. I need to get a couple for the property I am hunting this year. I don't need any thing crazy just a decent functional unit. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Cheapest you will find with quality is primos truthcams and moultrie d-55 lineup. Next in price but step up in quality is bushnell trophy cam and cuddeback, next is ur buckeye or reconyx cameras for highest price and quality. Don't overlook some home brew cameras from some guys on here super high quality and decent price. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Moultrie are priced right and are reliable cams. ;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Depending on what you are using the camera for can dictate how much u spend. If ur setting this camera over a bait station I would recommend the moultrie and truthcams. If ur placing this cameras on trails and crossings u need a faster trigger speed camera

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be first setting them on a trophy rock. I may also set one on what appears to be a major intersection where I look to possibly place one of my ladder stands. Then of course on my feeder later in the year. Thanks for the replies.

·
22,520 Posts
Moultrie and Reconyx have been the best performers with me. Have had issues with the Bushnell, but many say they like them.

Here is a good website for information-

http://chasingame.com/

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'd stay away from the Bushnell. Nothing but problems for me from day one. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at trailcampro and got a really good idea of what's out there. The reconyx do seem to be the one I want but damn is that a hefty price tag. I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
I looked at trailcampro and got a really good idea of what's out there. The reconyx do seem to be the one I want but damn is that a hefty price tag. I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone else mentioned this, since you're watching your wallet I'll throw in my 2 cents-
I have (5) Moultrie 55 series which have served me well. They are by no means top of the line; but, they are on their 3rd season, all still work, pictures are good, trigger speed has not been a problem unless the deer are running. (If placed over a mineral site,or feeder, I don't see it ever being an issue.) I've been pleased with the battery life using a standard SD card. (Anything different does tend to drain them faster.) After 500+ pictures the cameras still show 60%+ battery life. Here's a day/night pic. Good luck with your choice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Depending on what you are using the camera for can dictate how much u spend. If ur setting this camera over a bait station I would recommend the moultrie and truthcams. If ur placing this cameras on trails and crossings u need a faster trigger speed camera
This is definetely the key to your buying choice.. I use bushnells and I'm pretty happy with them. I got 4 or 5 and only sent one back in the last three years for minor problems. they sent me a brand new one and the newest model to boot. Bushnells can be had for 150 and they work great for trails . and no saucer eyes at night either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts