Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get card out of one of my cameras today. Just to discover some dirt bag took my new camera.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That's why I don't put them out anymore because of all the thieves around my area. I'm not going to spend my hard earned money just for some dead beat who's to lazy to work steal it for pill money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to hear that you guys have the same peices of crap there that we do here in wv. I had two cameras stollen from me last year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had one of my cameras in a lockbox, had the lockbox screwed to the tree had the lock on the box plus had a cable around the box with a lock on it and they still took it. I could see cut marks on the tree where they had used a hatchet or something to cut the cable and there was pry marks were they pried it off.

·
22,520 Posts
Unfortunately there are low-lifes even in the deer woods. It's like a Business where the "cost of doing business" is always having to factor in items like this.

Best course of action is to catch them at their own game. Set up a "Dummy or bait" Camera and then maybe 1 or 2 other hidden cameras and nail them to the wall.:coolgleamA:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm putting out a "bait station" today with a dummy camera. Sad part is there is no one else allowed on this property. I caught 2 guys back there stealing scrap steal during turkey season and called the law. They were ticketed for theft. Most likely the same low lifes who got my camera.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The feds and odnr use trailcams for studies. Might be worth making some property of the USDA stickers and tagging your cams. Won't stop them but they might think twice.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
A few years back I had a father and 11 year old son(around that age) on cam they looked at the cam they came closer. When I went back to check-it, the strap were cut and the cable was uncovered... They must not of noticed the cable until after the cut the strap...

That's raising the kids right... NOT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts