Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for your opinion y’all. I’ve had cams stolen before and today I thought of putting a decal on my cams, “GPS Protected”. Do you think it will work? Will a thief overlook it? I plan to make it an orange circle with the phrase cut out.

Reactions: jethro

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I personally, don't think most thieves will care, and, if the orange circle is on the front, it will just make it stand out easier for thieves to find.

·
Registered
325 Posts
An obvious fake antenna on it might work. With a tiny sticker that says "Face recognition is a bitch these days"

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would put a tile GPS tracker in it, And check it daily. If it moves contact the sheriff and in no time at all you can both show up at they're front door.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't think it will help. I used to think that it would be a good thing - or a "fake" ODNR Property sticker. A couple things that cellular cameras have going for them: They may take picture of someone taking it. There is an account that has to be set up to use the cell camera - so much more difficult to use if stolen.

I had secured mine with a Python lock, but needed to cut the lock (broke key). I was surprised to be able to cut the cable lock in about 4 seconds. It just keeps honest people honest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts