Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
anyone gotta a tractor they wanna part with?

3pt hitch
40 to 60 horse
Watch the local papers for auctions and also put your own add in stating what your looking for, much like you did on here. That is how I got mine, I had many calls and took many trips to look at tractors before I bought both of the tractors that I have bought. I now have a Allis Chalmers WD-14 that I repainted, the guy I bought it from said it had a resent overhaul and I believe it I never saw anything start so fast. It barely starts to turn over and its running. Don't be in too big of a hurry and look them over good. This is my latest tractor after I painted it. Not bad for $2000. The overhaul probably cost that much. Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to find something I can move round bales with, bush hog and eventually till for pasture/hay aka food plot lol

Did you do your own paint work?

Reactions: Buck Buster

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you use a two part paint with a hardner like an automotive paint?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roger copy! Has it held up well? That pic it looks pristine in... how long ago was that?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Roger copy! Has it held up well? That pic it looks pristine in... how long ago was that?
I think I painted that in 2015, none of the paint has started to come off but it's not as shinny as when I first painted it. I have hosed it off to get the grass and debris off of it after mowing, but have never used soap and actually washed it by hand since I painted it. I would say its holding up well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice! One thing we used to do at CPS when the “big wigs” would be showing up is rub diesel fuel on em to make em shine. It wore off in a week or two but it shined real nice when they were there lol

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It will get a good clean up, (washing) this spring, probably after I disc a few small food plots. I don't mow until August, because of the possibility of hitting fawns, by august even the late born ones are big enough to get out of the way. Good luck finding one, I believe you can get a better deal from a private individual than you will at an auction or a dealer, BUT look them over good and drive them around a little, they wont likely have a warrantee. If you are not real familiar with them I would take someone along to look at them that is. You will find one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will I tell you that the more difficult the tasks, the more powerful the engine is needed. After all, the sowing equipment should work almost around the clock in the season. It would help if you chose reliable units with moderate diesel fuel consumption. You also need to pay attention to comfort. We recommend taking models with air conditioners for comfortable work in the hot period. Also, pay attention to guarantees, the availability of consumables, ease of maintenance, and other parameters. I usually look at all this data on the website https://www.machinerydealer.co.uk/compact-tractors-for-sale/ and then choose which one to buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts