Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pray for a few years of warmer, dryer hatching seasons. A little habitat improvement and predator control wouldn't hurt either.
A group of experienced highly intelligent underpayed people in Columbus would disagree with you . The population is fine there's no dire issues at hand . Let's just worry about that later and concentrate on our great money maker oops I mean deer season 🙄 .

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
A group of experienced highly intelligent underpayed people in Columbus would disagree with you . The population is fine there's no dire issues at hand . Let's just worry about that later and concentrate on our great money maker oops I mean deer season 🙄 .
They did reduce the bag limit this year, so I don't agree that they think all is well. They can't force people to predator hunt. They could close the season for a few years......😱

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
It’s like someone turned off the switch near me. Second time in a row going out and not hearing one gobble. Only one likely hen worked her way into pur setup. May be time to start fishing and getting some deer prep started.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
And I’m smack dab in the middle of the top counties for harvest.

·
Registered
289 Posts
And I’m smack dab in the middle of the top counties for harvest.
I hunt a small chunk that borders a church camp ( game preserve) . Been hunting here since I was a kid. It was nothing to call in 3 birds a morning and hear 6-8 on roost in the morning . Several flocks that's would hang around the field edges . I haven't seen or heard a single gobbler this season . Just one hen.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Folks in eastern and SE Ohio need to become more vocal on the bobcat issue as well. We always let the hippies down in Athens county control the meetings and get their way. It’s time we become more vocal. Those cats are everywhere in my neck of the woods. I know a lot of guys who will start their own conservation program on them if the state doesn’t do one themselves. Not saying it’s right just reporting what I’m hearing from others.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It was a quiet morning in Carroll County today. I did not hear any, but there was some noisy farm or utility work going on at an adjacent property that held turkeys last week that I'll blame it on. I was glad to be out though.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Still have yet to see or hear a bird and this will be the first season ever for me that this has happened if it continues…. Two years ago the area was loaded with birds last season was slower but still had some activity this season is turning out to be a bust it’s really frustrating to say the least

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another quiet morning in Berlin Center ,no gobbling did have 5 Jake's come in never said a word . I did see a gobbler yesterday around noon time across from my property , I was in my truck so I at least got a picture
Plant community Plant Twig Natural landscape Wood
Plant community Natural landscape Plant Wood Twig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts