Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bad left knee swapped out for a spare from C3PO. There was a delay, so I didn’t get into surgery until about 13:00. They gave me a spinal block & everything, EVERYTHING, was numb from the waist down. They also knocked me out. I was out of recovery & into my room by 16:00. One difference I noticed right away was my appetite. After the right, I had none. I went to lunch a week or so after & ordered a BLT, hold the bacon, lettuce, & tomato. Anyone who knows me knows this is way out of character. I ate a full supper that evening & have eaten each meal since.

I headed home about 14:00 felling pretty good except that I hadn’t sleep well the night before due to several reasons not the least of which was my roomie playing computer games with all the beeps & dings. I didn’t say anything as his issues were a lot more severe than mine & I didn’t want to appear to be a jerk. I started feeling pretty rough & took a pain pill at about 15:30 which didn’t do much good. I ended up going to bed about 21:00 after taking 2 stronger pain killers. I did get a fair nights sleep & felt pretty good this morning.

Day 3, I met with the therapist this morning & we went over the exercises I will do there & at home. He was very optimistic about how things would go & my recovery. My bent knee measurement was 75 right after surgery & is already up to 99. The goal is 120 & he thinks I should be able to get there over the next 4-6 weeks with 2-3 visits a week plus my homework.

I just finished the 2nd set of exercises & can already feel the difference. It is just mind over matter, gritting my teeth, & doing it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Post surgery PT is the most important part of surgery...keep kicking ass!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: DougG

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day 2 of Therapy

Flexibility goals

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 101

Straight = 0 Current = 6

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day 3 of Therapy

Flexibility goals

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 105

Straight = 0 Current = 2

·
Registered
105 Posts
Improving for sure. How is pain level at this point.

Reactions: HunterGKS

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Improving for sure. How is pain level at this point.
Thx. Pain isn't too bad at all unless I turn or twist in the wrong direction, even during/after therapy. The only time I take pain meds is at bed time. It aches just enough to keep me awake.

Reactions: jethro

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thx. Pain isn't too bad at all unless I turn or twist in the wrong direction, even during/after therapy. The only time I take pain meds is at bed time. It aches just enough to keep me awake.
Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones! Hats off to you and your surgeon !!!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like things are going well post-op. (y)
Thx Blue, As far as the rehab, everything is going fine. My systen is still all screwed up. I think it may be because I still have some anesthetic in my system. I have a Drs appt Thurs & will take to him about it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Keep up the good work! Hope you are good as new or close to soon. Look forward to see some food pictures again soon.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keep up the good work! Hope you are good as new or close to soon. Look forward to see some food pictures again soon.

Thx. It's just a matter of keeping on keeping on.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had a follow-up visit with the Doc this morning. He removed a few stitches As well as checking out my knee & reviewing the ex-rays. Everything looked real good & he was pleased with my progress. Told me to keep doing what I was doing & he'd see me in 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When do you walk on it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts