Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some friends and family coming into town this weekend and I was going to take them to Bradstreet Landing(RR Pier). I have never fished thier and was just looking for any tips or advice. Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
He/She is referring to the Rocky River pier just west of Cleveland.

I fished there a couple times around 12 years ago. I'm not sure what the rig is called, and I'm not sure where I bought it, but it consisted of a somewhat conical float (all white with red on the top) and about 4 feet of line that drags behind it. On the end of the 4 feet of line was a small hook with a flap of something shiny covering it. You cast it out and then steadily reeled it back in medium speed. I can't remember what kind of fish we caught but it seemed to work well.

Probably not much help, but that's all I know about fishing that pier. Best thing is to take a walk out there and talk to anyone who's fishing.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
There is a bait store right at the entrance to the pier at Bradstreet. (Go into the park; it's right by the pier.) I fish it some in the summer with my kids. Most people use shiner minnows that are available at the baitstore. They also have crawlers but I think the bait of choice is minnows. You can get a variety of fish: mostly sheepshead, but I've caught an occasional catfish. Even heard of them getting walleye. The agitators are great for the white bass, but unless a school comes in, you won't need one. Good to have on hand, though, just in case. When they do it's fast and furious.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=XQX2Z581lC4%3D&tabid=22772

Phone: 440-356-5650. Might want to call and confirm that they are open for the season.

Good fishin'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts